Gotta Laugh

30 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted May 27, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Wow, Should have got a XR650R :D :worthy: :D :D :)

I couldn't help it :D

Someone said, we should have gotten a XR650L when talking about leak down tests........pay backs are hell :)

• GIANTac1

Posted May 27, 2005 - 11:55 AM

ha ha ha........ummmmmm, NOPE! Got what I wanted, not what somebody thinks I should have :D Thanks for the advice though :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 28, 2005 - 05:19 AM

Wow, Should have got a XR650R :worthy: :D :D :D :D

I couldn't help it :)

Someone said, we should have gotten a XR650L when talking about leak down tests........pay backs are hell :D

Who said that??? Step forward ;) :crazy: I was only answering to PowerCells comment:

Can we get some "L" riders to chime-in with their sage advice...

...and I didn't say get a "L", I just said "IF" its is a "L" then it couldn't be the radiator. Powercell was asking for it :worthy: :worthy:

Sure, if its a "L" then I guarantee you its definitely not air bubbling in the radiator

But still so far no one has explained to me how they get to this % value or do you "R"s just trust the mechanical guys math skills??

I always like to hear about different techniques and try to understand those in order to make my own sense out of it before I apply it to my stuff. I've read and heard some total nonsense in the past and also picked up some great ideas and advice here and elsewhere...

I'm not a mechanic as profession but I fix my own stuff, maybe not as fast or the professional way and it takes me some time to find the correct information but I've always got it going in the past. And you can say afterwards with pride "I did it"! :)

This was the thread BW was referring to:
http://www.thumperta...41&page=1&pp=10

• XR-Det

Posted May 28, 2005 - 05:28 AM

I have the hose coming from the engine breather going to the bottom fitting on the air box with the top fitting to air box plugged.I dont think that should be a problem. It seems to have gotten better? It dosent pop or crack when I hit the throttle, but it will bog and lag a bit?

That hose should really make no different. Did you move the carb around? Maybe you put the choke cable in a bind?? Just guessing...

Maybe sit back and go over all stuff you've done again, making sure its in the right place the right way.

:) Maybe you should get an "R" then you have much more other problems than worrying over a little smog pump removal... lol

• GIANTac1

Posted May 28, 2005 - 08:07 AM

I think I have got it! Playing around w/ the idle and mixture screw seemed to help? It back fired once after I killed it then started it again,pop! I rode it about 20 miles, no problems. Still bogs slightly when I hit the throttle but it
seems to get up and going fast and harder w/the smog junk off! Thanks for your help guy! This site is great :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted May 28, 2005 - 10:13 AM

:) :D :)

• frankstr

Posted May 30, 2005 - 07:07 AM

I'm laughing with you, not at you...way too funny........ :) :D :)

• ghoti

Posted May 31, 2005 - 09:30 AM

:D Maybe you should get an "R" then you have much more other problems than worrying over a little smog pump removal... lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just pony up the $600.00 for the edlebrock so you can start it when you crash :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, just pony up the $600.00 for the edlebrock so you can start it when you crash :)

I probably would need that as first thing hehehe :D

• Miker

Posted May 31, 2005 - 03:47 PM

I have the hose coming from the engine breather going to the bottom fitting on the air box with the top fitting to air box plugged.I dont think that should be a problem.

I may be way off base as to what you mean but if you connect the breather hose to the bottom of the airbox wouldn't any water in the airbox drain directly into your breather hose?

• GIANTac1

Posted May 31, 2005 - 08:10 PM

No. I think the drain hose is used for that :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.