2000 xr650 r white e-series to loud

4 replies to this topic
  • Razz Ma Tazz

Posted May 26, 2005 - 10:46 AM

I'm looking for a new pipe I just rode the sheetiron last weekend . it seem like everone was running a fmf pipe. the oakland mc made me take out some 3 disk to get it down to 10 disk.I would like to get the header pipe too. doses anyone out their have any information for me.on what to buy ?

• BWB63

Posted May 26, 2005 - 11:16 AM

The nice thing about the E-series pipe is it is tunable for sound and still puts out awesome performance once jetted for the amount of disk you have.

If you can get away with ten disks where you ride and they like it your are doing great! Some have to go down to eight. Find what you like as far as sound then, move your needle clip up one and you mainjet down from a 175 to a 172 or 170.

The XR's only and white brothers header pipes are good for the mid and upper hit without losing to much bottom hit. The bottom is smoothed out insted of all at once and then falls off like the stock header.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • miguelitro

Posted May 26, 2005 - 11:48 AM

i have the fmf powerbomb and t4 and it sounds like one huge exhaust leak to me!
I am getting used to the noise but my last pig had a supertrapp EAR that barely purred loved it i could hear everyone else on the trail so i knew when i needed to stop for them.

Does seem to produce good power though that could be the 650 cc's

• JackAttack

Posted May 26, 2005 - 11:59 AM

I have an E-series w/12discs and have passed every AMA 96db test(RPM). I was even tested at a hidden checkpoint in the midle of an enduro. :)

• XR250rdr

Posted May 26, 2005 - 01:09 PM

Pig n CR5hundy has an WB E2 on his 650 and I was surprised really how quiet it was.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.