Electric Start Conversion for WR400F

22 replies to this topic
  • postalrider

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:23 PM

you are dreaming if you think the e button will light right up when you need it to ,most of the time they drag and whine ,03 wr with every part replaced new and guess what its still lazy .put the hot cam in it and you can kick it like a xr 100

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted May 17, 2006 - 01:46 PM

you are dreaming if you think the e button will light right up when you need it to

Both of mine do. I've used the kickstart maybe once when I broke the estart button.

• Yamahondaha

Posted May 17, 2006 - 08:28 PM

you are dreaming if you think the e button will light right up when you need it to ,most of the time they drag and whine ,03 wr with every part replaced new and guess what its still lazy .put the hot cam in it and you can kick it like a xr 100

If your jetting is done right the motor lights up in a fraction of a second like my 06 Husky510 and if you have a hot start lever on your handle bar like my 06 WR450 does you can hit them both and guarantee a quick start.

I have JD jet kits in both my bikes and never have a problem E-starting hot or cold but before I jetted the Yamaha it would take two or three kicks of finding TDC and kicking only to have to kick again for 15-20 seconds vs 3 seconds of continuous button holding.

I used to have to get up off the couch to turn the channel on the TV :banana:

Why do all the guys with kick start only try to make it seem like E-start is a bad thing? I don't think it is for everyone and there is nothing wrong with kick or E start. I would own a kick only bike if I was to ride on a track but I don't and E start is much more convenient for what I do and where I ride. :ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.