Leak Jet plugging help !!!

3 replies to this topic
  • MKP

Posted May 25, 2005 - 04:51 PM

New with '05 WR450F.
Did all the mods. The only problem now is the "off idle bog", then I´ll try zero leak jet mod.
Here (Chile) the dealer have no Leak Jet in his stock list :worthy: .
I don´t want to solder it shut because I wont be able to go back if things go wrong with this mod.
Is there other way to do this "zero leak jet" mod ? :) :D
I read that somebody put a small bolt instead the leak jet, other plugged it with a wire.
Thank you in advanced. :) :D

• drewpeacock

Posted May 26, 2005 - 11:32 AM

If you go in with the yamaha part# they should be able to fix you up with the leak jets. http://www.thumperta...21&page=4&pp=10
The last page half way down has jet numbers. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted May 26, 2005 - 04:57 PM

I believe someone plugged it with the same bolt that holds the fuel bowl on the carb. Try one of those and if it works, buy one more bolt and you're done...SC

• MKP

Posted May 27, 2005 - 12:49 PM

The fuel bowl part number is 98502-04012.
I´ll try it instead the leak jet #40 (P.N. 4JT-1494F-03)
Thank you :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.