smog pump

4 replies to this topic
  • Hanginiron

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:57 PM

buy taking the smog pump off, and all the free mods. can a state park like Carnegie. not let me ride there because of all of the modifications I know its a stupid question i was just curious. also is it possable to remove the plugs once there installed (ais) kit. thanks in advance.

• jasilva

Posted May 25, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Technically they probably could but I doubt you'll ever see a gate guard with enough of a clue to figure out what should be on your bike. My bike has all the mods done and I ride all the Norcal state and BLM riding areas and I've never been looked at twice.

Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • extex

Posted May 26, 2005 - 01:26 PM

And I would not like to try to remove the plugs! Definitely possible but not something you would want to do.

• berg

Posted May 26, 2005 - 01:38 PM

I agree with Joe I also ride norcal and have never been looked at twice by any rangers. I did all the free mods and the ais kit before ever bringing the bike out.
I even removed the smallest baffle on my stock pipe before sound testing at hollister svra and past at 89 db. The plugs would be a real chore to get out I would think you would have to carefully drill & tap it then fixture it with a slide hamer.

Phil

• Hanginiron

Posted May 26, 2005 - 03:22 PM

thanks for the info i was just courious. this is such a great forum :thumbsup:1st 4 stroke. thanks again

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.