No way, it really worked (BK mod)

10 replies to this topic
  • speddie3

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:38 PM

Not that I doubted it or what everyone said. So I read up on the mod thanks to TT and spent about 90 min and now, no bog.

So thanks to everyone around here especially the tech article. :) :D

It is increadible, I thought the bike was bad a** before, and now I never want to stop. I am just so shocked and thrilled at the difference that it made! :worthy: :D :D :D :D :)

• arel451

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Which mod was this?

• biznet1

Posted May 25, 2005 - 08:07 PM

Here http://motoman393.th.../tech/carb.html

• Fastest1

Posted May 25, 2005 - 09:07 PM

You probably think the auto decompression cam change is senseless too! Make it the next mod and you will be amazed. Glad you liked the BK/GB mod, there is alot of great mods and knowledge available here.

• b-bike

Posted May 25, 2005 - 09:35 PM

You probably think the auto decompression cam change is senseless too! Make it the next mod and you will be amazed. Glad you liked the BK/GB mod, there is alot of great mods and knowledge available here.

Fastest1:

I couldn't agree more. I've done both mods to my 01-426 and its a much better bike then in the stock condition.

speddie3:

Do the cam mod. :) :) :D

Boyd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • arel451

Posted May 26, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Does this mod work for any of the newer 450's?

• Thumpy79

Posted May 26, 2005 - 02:28 PM

Does this mod work for any of the newer 450's?

No, and they don't need it :)

I've been around this site long enough that you'd think I'd have done the GB/BK mod, but I haven't. I guess I've been afraid of messing it up. My bike has always started first kick, and I've never really felt the need for it. I know you all swear by it, so it might be time for me to suck it up and do it :D

• Fastest1

Posted May 26, 2005 - 10:02 PM

If your bike runs great, there is no need to do it. Not all bikes need it. 2000 models seemed to need it the most, but some others responded well to it also.

• Thumpy79

Posted May 27, 2005 - 12:15 PM

My bikes a 2000, so it has the bog, but the starting is great. I wasn't really fast enough when I bought it to notice, but now I think I could use the extra push coming out of corners.

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 27, 2005 - 06:04 PM

Glad the mod worked. :)

• biznet1

Posted May 27, 2005 - 06:25 PM

If your bike runs great, there is no need to do it. Not all bikes need it. 2000 models seemed to need it the most, but some others responded well to it also.

I agree. Mine has been extremely strong since I bought it used 6 months ago. The only thing that it NEEDED, was the 01 clutch mod. It has never had any bog whatsoever. I bought the quickshot thinking that it would make it a little quicker off the line, but I didn't see any difference, because it was already so quick. I also rebuilt the topend, but only for peace of mind. I'm very happy with this bike.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.