Checking Valves, Instructions??

2 replies to this topic
  • WaGuy78

Posted May 25, 2005 - 09:05 AM

I am approaching 300 miles on my 05 and want to check the valves. Anyone have any good sites, tutorials, or instructions for help with this? I have never attempted to do it, and not really sure what I am doing. :D

Also, a couple quick questions...

- How do you get to the valves, surely you don't have to pull the motor off the frame right?
- What will I need, will I need a new gasket set? Shims?
- How long does it usually take?

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided me and many others. This site rocks! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted May 25, 2005 - 09:28 AM

Pretty much everything you need to know is here: http://www.thumperfaq.com/valves.htm

• Scuba_Steve

Posted May 27, 2005 - 08:40 AM

Its a pretty easy process, especially if you have the manual or other instructions. The tank and valve cover must come off. and you need a feeler gauge. Even so, it should take you less than an hour to do it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.