is it to much?

7 replies to this topic
  • djbiker

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:55 AM

i am moving up to a yz426f from a ttr125l is the yz to much. i am going to use it for trails mostly. to only reson i am getting it is because we are getting it less than dirt cheap. i am about 195lbs and 6'2". is it too much? :) :D :)

• phat_450f

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:16 AM

no way man with your size...the 426 will be perfect and especially if its less than dirt cheap....

• phat_450f

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:16 AM

well i mean no way man its not to much for you....go for it....

• kevin204

Posted May 25, 2005 - 03:31 AM

You should be OK if you use throttle control. You should test ride it first if possible.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • curtains23

Posted May 25, 2005 - 04:02 AM

DO IT... you will never look back, my son had a RM125 (94model) in 2003 in gave nothing but trouble 2 engine builds and various other things, he was aged 14. Bought a yz450 new in april 04 (left over 03 model) the change over took 6 weeks because of his size weight etc. But he practiced picking it up off the grass to build up his arm muscles,
he soon mastered the art of getting it started Auto decompression and Hot start. He is now 16 and loves the beast, he soon learnt throttle will only do what you tell it..otherwise it will bite you on the arse..ENJOY..ENJOY..ENJOY..ENJOY :) :D :) :D :worthy: :D :D :D ;) :crazy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:03 PM

At 195 pounds and 6'2", that TTR your riding is WAY to little.

You'll feel right at home on a YZ426F.

• speddie3

Posted May 25, 2005 - 02:15 PM

With out a doubt, 426. I went from a YZ 125 to mine. I feel right at home on it. At first I was kinda scared by the power, now I am buying parts to give it more. Just take it easy at first.

• djbiker

Posted May 25, 2005 - 05:19 PM

thanks for all of your info. it has been very helpful in my decision. i pick it up this weekend and my dad already got me a full fmf ti with powerbomb for free on the way!

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.