Case Saver For The WR

12 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted May 24, 2005 - 06:12 PM

Anyone have a recommendation on an aftermarket case saver? The only one I've been able to find is by TM Designworks. I lost the stocker in the wilds of Baja :)

• bageera

Posted May 27, 2005 - 08:58 AM

I have a cae saver on my 04 WR450 made by Rooster products. Made well, bolts up easy, and looks like it will do the trick if needed.

• Sylvain

Posted May 27, 2005 - 10:38 AM

http://shop.thumpert...bp_cfc_case.htm

Check this :)

• SpeedBlitz

Posted May 27, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I'd recommend the TM Designworks. It's made of polymer and rests agains the case. Seems like a better design.

• ncmountainman

Posted May 27, 2005 - 10:55 AM

i think he's talking about the one in front of the sprocket sylvain. zip-ty makes a nice one. its probly the same one from t.m. as all their other chain sliders are. its made from that same delrin plastic and is very strong. best thing about it is it covers the whole face of the chain so the mud drops out instead of building up. $22.95 from TT store :)

• Sylvain

Posted May 27, 2005 - 03:29 PM

I beleive you're right.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SpeedBlitz

Posted May 30, 2005 - 08:57 AM

ncmountainman, from the ZipTy website, they only make them for the YZ, did you have it on your 04WR or only on your 05YZF? In which catalogue did you find it in the TT store. I'm having a hard time finding it for my WR in the TT Store. I'd rather buy from TT, otherwise, I'll by direct from TM.

Tanks, SB

• Seabass

Posted May 30, 2005 - 11:20 AM

i think he's talking about the one in front of the sprocket sylvain. zip-ty makes a nice one. its probly the same one from t.m. as all their other chain sliders are. its made from that same delrin plastic and is very strong. best thing about it is it covers the whole face of the chain so the mud drops out instead of building up. $22.95 from TT store :)

ZipTy doesn't carry one for the '05 WR 450. I called and talked to them and they told me that the starter doesn't allow enough space for an effective plastic case saver. I found it odd that TM Designworks makes one but ZipTy doesn't carry it?. I ordered another stock one from Yamaha and it was only $9.00!!! I figgered fer sure it would cost way more than an aftermarket piece.

• Seabass

Posted May 30, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Wrong part Sylvain, I was lookin' for the guard that keeps the chain from tearing into the cases after a chain breaks. Thanx anyways :D

• SpeedBlitz

Posted May 31, 2005 - 05:05 AM

Wow, $9 for a stock one!! That's unexpected!!

• Bamster

Posted June 12, 2005 - 05:09 AM

I just run the stock one without the plastic cover as I find it get caked with mud.

Hey Seabass did you see that Cam Neely (Seabass) got inducted into the NHL hall of fame this year?
You do know who Cam Neely is eh?

• RichBaker

Posted June 12, 2005 - 11:27 AM

That's not a case saver....

• Bamster

Posted June 13, 2005 - 04:33 AM

Is this what your loking for?
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.