YZ426 Countershaft Sprocket Rubbing

4 replies to this topic
  • wuznme

Posted May 24, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hey All, I switched out my stock 14 tooth to a 13 tooth and it rubs on the cover for the countershaft. Has anyone else had this problem, and is it safe to assume that it wont wear to the point that it is a big problem? Thanks for your help.

• Chipstien

Posted May 24, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Remove it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sanpedro426

Posted May 24, 2005 - 06:58 PM

You may have to go into a little more detail , because you said you put a 13 on in place of the 14 which means its smaller. Soooo how and where does it rub? On the inside of the sprocket? If its on the inside of the sprocket then you may be missing a spacer.

• wuznme

Posted May 24, 2005 - 09:17 PM

It rubs just barely on the tin cap which goes over the countershaft and acts as a dust cover. I thought about the spacer, but I checked the parts diagram and none was shown.

• grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2005 - 09:28 PM

Flip it over. If you thought it would look much cooler with the wide machined undercut on the outside, well, it would, but that groove is there to clear the same sheet metal cover you say it now rubs. If both sides are machined flat, it's the wrong sprocket.

Promise not to ask how I knew this, OK?

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.