SCOTTS STEERING DAMPER FOR SALE

9 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 21, 2001 - 10:16 PM

I HAVE(3)MORE DAMPERS FOR SALE $250.00 EACH. CALL TOLL FREE 866-782-4600/818-782-4600.

THANKS MARK

• jj

Posted February 22, 2001 - 08:25 AM

Jeeeezzz 2 Dads, don't let Scotts find out....

Man I wish I could have taken advantage of that!!!

------------------
JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

• hart

Posted February 22, 2001 - 08:52 AM

What other hardware is needed to mount this stabilizer??

Ion H.

• Hick

Posted February 22, 2001 - 09:51 AM

A bar clamp and chassis post. The bar clamp replaces the stocker and has threaded holes for the damper to mount to. The mounting kit is the chassis connection, usually an upright post affixed to a collar that encircles and clamps the steering tube.

I think the mount kits are about $100 including the bar mount and post thing. Each bar mount is specific for that triple clamp and bar position. So on clamps (like applied or stock KX) with more than one bar position you must decide where you like them and leave them there before you order the mounting kit.

• Michael

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:59 PM

Call 2DADS - I'll bet they have the complete damper including the mounts. Just a guess.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Eric_in_WA

Posted February 26, 2001 - 05:08 PM

I have a used Scotts damper mount and post for stock '99 WR400F triple clamps. $70

If interested e-mail me at eric_kangas@hp.com

Eric in WA

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted February 27, 2001 - 08:35 AM

I have an Offset post for a 99 WR for $50. Some 99's had an offset oil fill tube and the arm on the dampner was crooked with the straight one on mine. Scotts said 75% of the 99 models were offset.

Sorry just the post.

B r u c e

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted February 27, 2001 - 08:36 AM

I have an Offset post for a 99 WR for $50. Some 99's had an offset oil fill tube and the arm on the dampner was crooked with the straight one on mine. Scotts said 75% of the 99 models were offset.

Sorry just the post.

B r u c e

• ToddW

Posted February 27, 2001 - 03:55 PM

Are they new? I paid $275 for a brand new one.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 27, 2001 - 06:00 PM

ALL THE USED DAMPER HAVE BEEN SOLD.

I HAVE (1) BRAND NEW DAMPER KIT $370.00

THANKS FOR ALL THE ORDERS

MARK

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.