Just bought XR650LL5 ?????

4 replies to this topic
  • Curt Waas

Posted May 24, 2005 - 11:47 AM

What do the additional two designators mean (L5)???

It's a California Bike. I've ordered the smog blockoff kit from Baja Designs.

I thought I'd wait until after break in for anything else.

Curt

• Dual_Dog

Posted May 24, 2005 - 07:37 PM

What do the additional two designators mean (L5)???

It's a California Bike. I've ordered the smog blockoff kit from Baja Designs.

I thought I'd wait until after break in for anything else.

Curt

Probably different production runs or changes made during one. Maybe Honda leaned the CA carb out even more. The dang bike hasn't changed in almost 15 years, except for the color of the plastic, the seat cover design and those BNG's. That's "Bold New Graphics" for the newbies.

Pretty soon you'll be ready for those pesky mods so get your searches lined up. There's a boat load of info here on the BFP, or Big Fat Pig. Charge hard on that new bike and ride it like you stole it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jayzonk

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:14 PM

Are you sure the model is not an XR650L5 as opposed to an LL5? I just bought one last week, and that's what the model is designated as. The guy at the dealership said that the 5 just indicates the year of production.

Are you jetting your carb? What's the downside of doing that?

This bike really strikes a cord with me. I looked at the R and the L, and I was overwhelmingly in favour of the L, even if it is air cooled.

• Curt Waas

Posted May 25, 2005 - 09:53 PM

Quite certain. The papper work says XR650LL5. Bet I read it a dozen times.

I just received the IMS (Baja Designs) smog block off kit but on the label it saut XR650L(93-04). Before I open it..... will it fit my new fancy schmantzy 2005..... Yes I will re jet but not until I can unload the exhaust and get ptoper intake. It's a kind of a same time thingy...

Curt

• jlpskydive

Posted May 26, 2005 - 11:30 AM

Quite certain. The papper work says XR650LL5. Bet I read it a dozen times.

I just received the IMS (Baja Designs) smog block off kit but on the label it saut XR650L(93-04). Before I open it..... will it fit my new fancy schmantzy 2005..... Yes I will re jet but not until I can unload the exhaust and get ptoper intake. It's a kind of a same time thingy...

Curt

Not sure about the LL thing could be a typo?? The smog kit will fit all the 650l's as they have not changed since year one. DO NOT PUT ON AN AIR FILTER OR EXHAUAST UNTIL YOU DO DAVE'S CARB MODS!!! You will roast it. They are too lean out the door and get dangerously lean when you open them up to breath without jetting. Enjoy, I love mine and welcome to the club. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.