2005 WR450F - how far are you going to go

4 replies to this topic
  • Geek

Posted May 24, 2005 - 11:27 AM

Realistically before checking your valves?

• simon@vic

Posted May 24, 2005 - 12:08 PM

i bet you could go 1000km with out hurting anything. but it would be stupid to do so.
i checked mine right out of the crate, and again after about 4 rides {30 hours}.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted May 24, 2005 - 12:55 PM

I checked mine after a 100 mile break-in interval and found one exhaust and one intake out of spec. I had a second exhaust somewhat borderline, so I reshimmed it as well. I'll check it again at the end of summer when I throw in the YZ cam just to get an idea of what's going on. If nothing is significant, then once a year will be my schedule...SC

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 25, 2005 - 08:28 AM

Good question. I would prefer not to do this myself. Mainly because of my living situation. I don't have an adaquate place to work on my bike. I was planning on doing this after 160 miles, but it was going to cost me around $160 so I felt I would wait a little longer. My mechanic asked me how the bike was running and it seems to run great to me, so he felt it wasn't a concern right now. Maybe in another month or so, but not to long. I was thinking the 300 mile mark.

• WGP

Posted May 25, 2005 - 08:52 AM

Did mine at 300, 3 were off (tight).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.