Hebo Hydraulic Clutch Installation

4 replies to this topic
  • Michael

Posted February 21, 2001 - 05:28 PM

For those that have installed the Hebo hydraulic clutch conversions, could you share how you chose to do the install? There are several options to how to mount the slave cylinder, I was wondering what worked for you and if there were any hidden problems setting it up.

Thanks!

• fershy

Posted February 22, 2001 - 07:56 AM

The guy to ask would be Jim Cook at Smackover Sports. He sells these kits and is very helpful. He can be reached vi his website http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/
goodluck,

fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Unkle_Moose

Posted February 22, 2001 - 08:47 AM

Hello Mike, I am also interested in a hydro clutch, why did you choose the HEBO over the MAGURA? What kind of instructions did they send. God luck.

• fershy

Posted February 22, 2001 - 10:16 PM

The word on the trail is that hte Hebo has a much lighter feel than that of the Magura.
How much did that Hebo set you back?
fershy

• Michael

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:36 PM

Unkle Moose - Since I had my parts shipped to your shop, and you unpackaged them and fondled all the parts, including the instructions, you must know the answer to the question. The Hebo instructions are in Spanish.

The folks at erider are faxing a translated version this week, but I haven't received them yet. But to tell you the truth, the mechanical installation looks very straight forward (there are a few options that make it interesting) without instructions - I never read the things anyway!

Why did I chose Hebo - erider is having a sale for $167 (the standard price is $199 from them)! In all of the on-line checks that I made, the folks that bought Magura loved them - and the folks that bought the Hebo thought they were the best. The Magura was a lot more money (but they do have a sexy integrated compression release which is nice) - the price seemed right on the Hebo (and they have a nice braided SS line which looked nicer than the cheesey plastic line on the Magura). I bought based on price because I couldn't see a significant feature difference.

I will post pictures as I get it installed.

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 02-22-2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.