Acerbis 3.3 Tank... Need One

6 replies to this topic
  • un450azul

Posted May 23, 2005 - 11:15 AM

Acerbis sent me a YZ450 tank (wrong need a 03' WR450) and I sent it back, that was a month ago. Now I find out they don't expect to have any till late June.

Help... anyone out there got a line on one? I may even overnight it for WCTT4.

Appreciate any help.

Ron
Fullerton, CA

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 23, 2005 - 12:38 PM

The Acerbis (GYTR) 3.3 Gallon tank fits both the YZ and WR in 2003. Why are you having a fit issue? :)

• un450azul

Posted May 23, 2005 - 02:01 PM

Then the tank was mismarked because there was no way I could get the forward bolts in (off by 3").

Ron

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Handy_Al

Posted May 23, 2005 - 03:07 PM

Here is a handy alternative instead of a bigger tank - and a whole lot cheaper - At camping stores they sell alluminum fuel bottles ($11 each - normally for backpacking white gas for stoves). I was able to fit two of the largest bottles (each 1/4 gal) in my camelback backpack. They easily fit in the pack, even with 3 quarts of juice in the drink pouch. A small rag between the two bottles keep them from clanking together.

I know it may sound dangerous - but these are really tough bottles, specifically designed to carry petrol fuels. One of the guys I ride with was a forest fire fighter - they backpack in these bottles all the time for their chain saws -they are secure and never leak. This trick got me through Baja a few weeks ago - I hand no problem keeping up with the "Exxon Valdez" tanked bikes using a stock tank and the extra 1/2 gal on my back - I got rid of the extra gas as soon as my main tank permitted, and I did not really feel the extra weight. Bonus - in a pinch, a fuel bottle can be used to transfer gas between bikes.

• un450azul

Posted May 23, 2005 - 03:23 PM

Thanks Handy... yea I've already got 3 alum fuel bottles (.9 L) and they are excellent. I also carry 2 in the pack and planned on taping the third to the from fender if needed. It always seems like someone runs short of fuel so I need the big tank for me and carry for everyone else. :) Actually I have some Baja rides that I want my pack to carry other things.

Ron

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 23, 2005 - 03:48 PM

Everytime I go into Scotts I notice they have a lot of tanks in stock.. If you need a tank in a hurry call them or go down there.. (818)248-bike (If I remember correctly)

Dan

• un450azul

Posted May 23, 2005 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Dan I'll give em a try.

Ron

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.