lube throttle cables?

4 replies to this topic
  • RJC

Posted May 22, 2005 - 09:33 PM

How do I go about lubing the throttle cables? Someone suggested getting a
cable lube attachment tool but not sure how this works or what to lube with.
Thanks.

• frankstr

Posted May 23, 2005 - 05:15 AM

Motion Pro makes a cable luber, Clamps on the end ,Insert tube from lube can and spray....
I use what I use on my chain........ :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJC

Posted May 23, 2005 - 08:25 AM

Motion Pro makes a cable luber, Clamps on the end ,Insert tube from lube can and spray....
I use what I use on my chain........ :)

Do you remove the cables from the grip or lube from carb end up?

• miguelitro

Posted May 23, 2005 - 10:28 AM

I remove the cables from the carb. i hate trying to get em back into the grooves inside the throttle mechanism. it is easy to do if ya just happen to have the tank and seat off!!!
Take of the boots from the throttle so that you can see when the lube has gone all the way through. also hold a rag around the luber otherwise lube will be everywhere!!!
oh yeah and twist the throttle while lubing to aid the lube in working its way through the cable.
a lubed cable is a happy cable!!
and when ya put em back on the carb be sure to check for adequate throttle freeplay

• bork

Posted May 23, 2005 - 06:46 PM

I saw a tip somewhere about using a hyperdermic needle and slipping in down along side of cable and casing after taking off control . I tried it on my old sl350 and worked great ! I lost the cable oiler I bought . I would do it again in a heartbeat. Plus you can put your choice of oil down there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.