2006 Changes???

5 replies to this topic
  • MxHondaGuy

Posted May 22, 2005 - 01:05 PM

I was told that the 06 models would have aluminuim frames...Is this true??? if so what other things does yamaha plan to do to this yz450f? :)

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2005 - 02:11 PM

Right now, no one knows for sure.

• MxHondaGuy

Posted May 22, 2005 - 06:15 PM

Arent the 06 models comin out in august??...and should i wait for the 06 models to come out or just go ahead and get one

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4strokethumper

Posted May 23, 2005 - 11:30 AM

the 06s are going to have the aluminum frame. if your serious about racin then i would wait but if your not racin where you need the best bike then i would just get it now.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 23, 2005 - 12:34 PM

I hope you are right....I rode a brand new 05 CRF yesterday....all I can say is that is one sweet dirt bike....it turns, it handles, it has plenty of go juice and the suspension is sweet out of the box....only problem is that it is RED :)
The 05 flat out blows every 02-04 CRF away - if they could just be maintained like a YZF - it would be the "perfect out of the box dirtbike".... :)

Seriously, Yam has some work to do for 06 to make it better than the 05 CRF - I just can not imagine how much better the 06 honda can be than the 05....I would assume no real changes for the CRF for 06.....???? :D
It is refreshing to think that I may not have to invest 3-5k to make my YZF "my perfect dirt bike" again...... :worthy:

Hopefully at the dealer show in June they will announce the 06 YZF changes..... :D

then I will decide where to go from my 03........ :D

• MxHondaGuy

Posted May 23, 2005 - 01:54 PM

Awsome...Its been a hard choice..honda or yamaha...i guess ill just go with whatever either one is prime i say

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.