no restrictor

No replies to this topic
  • motionmama

Posted May 22, 2005 - 10:40 AM

:D Yesterday I was riding along the mesa on the bad dirt roads with ruts washouts, sand and lose stones when my bike suddenly became very loud. I shut it down and checked the exhaust pipe. The GY insert bolt had vibrated lose and allowed the whole insert to blow out of the pipe. Not able to find the bolt that held it in the pipe I had to wait for the insert to cool and carry it home with a loud pipe. I had so much more power it was incredible and no hicups at all. Fortunatly I teach and live on the Navajo reservation where noise isn't a big issue. Will riding the bike with no restrictor hurt it? I noticed the idle was much higher. But the power increase was unbelieveable? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.