Voss' 450

9 replies to this topic
  • arel451

Posted May 22, 2005 - 08:25 AM

Have any of you guys read that test on Heath Voss' 450? I think it was in MXA. They mentioned that the engine was lowered in the frame to make it very Honda like in handling. My question is how does this work with the production rule? Can a frame be slightly altered as long as it started out stock? How much lower do you think it was dropped?

• RCannon

Posted May 22, 2005 - 08:56 AM

I imagine they did the lowering with the motor mounts. I have no knowledge of this, but the rules say nothing about changing mounts.

• grayracer513

Posted May 22, 2005 - 09:33 AM

The front mounts and the head stay are simple enough. Just make different ones. The lower mount is another story. The mount bolt passes through the frame and the engine hard point with no intervening parts. That would have required a modification. The article mentioned an inch, as I recall. Go look at your frame and tell me how they could have done that without cutting and extending some part of the front of it.

• motomike137

Posted May 22, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Not sure if Sx rules are exactly the same as MX.

• Satch0922

Posted May 22, 2005 - 05:11 PM

AMA rules.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted May 23, 2005 - 03:45 AM

I went back and looked at the article again. It mentioned the radiators were 1 inch lower.

The engine was lowered (rotated), but it did not give an exact figure on the amount.

I think we should try it. I am shocked that someone here on TT has not done this mod.

• Satch0922

Posted May 23, 2005 - 05:07 AM

resale value......

• arel451

Posted May 23, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I'll wait for grayracer to do it then I'll follow suit!

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2005 - 08:17 PM

OK, but don't hold your breath. :)

• simch

Posted May 24, 2005 - 05:20 PM

I went back and looked at the article again. It mentioned the radiators were 1 inch lower.

The engine was lowered (rotated), but it did not give an exact figure on the amount.

I think we should try it. I am shocked that someone here on TT has not done this mod.

Maybe they just let the air out his tyres......... :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.