Light backfiring ???

No replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted May 22, 2005 - 07:03 AM

I installed a yz 450 cam a wile ago on my wr, altough I love the ease of starting and the power output, not less but a bit different output.

It tends to backfire after a short rest. It doesn't get cold enough to need the choke. The bike is an easy starter normally. But this backifiring at wide open throttle worries me a bit. Only slight popping on deceleration. But when I twist WO the throttle I feel slight backfiring for a few minutes, once the bike is hot it behaves ok. Elevation less than 2000 ft.

The air box snorkel is removed, no lid, YZ pipe, Zip Ty fuel screw, low restriction air filter (twin or unifiler), 450 YZ cam, Dr D. hot start.
Carb settings :
jet needle OBDQR standard position 4th clip, main jet 170, pilot air jet 75,

Thanks for your inputs.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.