Is my rebound too stiff?????

5 replies to this topic
  • dunecj2a

Posted May 20, 2005 - 09:32 PM

:) I over jumped a huge table...AGAIN, 2 weeks in a row :D It used to be a triple but they filled it in because too many people were getting hurt by coming up short. Anyways I've done it now 2 weeks in a row. Last week I ate S#$!t hard. I flatlanded and got thrown over the bars hard, immediately :worthy:
I did it again last night, but I know how to crash now from experience so the pain isn't as bad:eek:

I just got my suspension back from a Race Tech rep out here. I only had them service my shock and put in lighter springs on my forks and shock. I just went down the next ones from stock.

I know I'm over jumping because I'm going alot faster now since I can settle the bike in turns and I'm not all over the place existing. I can actually pick a line and hold it now :) So what do you guys think about being thrown over the bars, before my suspension would just bottom if I flatlanded something hard. Is the rebound to quick and thats why I'm goin for a ride :D Or Am I an idiot and going over the bars is normal when you over shoot stuff :D

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 20, 2005 - 09:59 PM

...sometimes... :)

• yz007f

Posted May 21, 2005 - 12:39 PM

Most of the time when you over shoot a landing like that your gonna go for a ride, matter what. Its just the force of the bike comming down on impact. When it does that your suspension will re-bound fast. You really can't get away from it, just learn how to land on the landing ramp.... If you slow your re-bound down to much your gonna notice a loss in performance around the rest of the track.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 21, 2005 - 01:34 PM

It sounds more like you're coming up about a half bike short and landing with the front wheel over the edge and the back wheel up on the table. That'll chuck you over the front most of the time.

• tmonteton

Posted May 21, 2005 - 09:59 PM

another thing to remember is that the rebound will play a bigger role in hitting smaller jumps, going over bumps, and just general riding and things of that nature, if it kicks up to much on those things then you would want to adjust it - i wouldnt adjust the rebound for what your describing unless you find that the above is happening as well - then just dial her in

• dunecj2a

Posted May 22, 2005 - 09:21 PM

Yeah I'm thinkin its my stupidity and no suspension changes are gonna help that :) Feels great on the rest of the track, we'll see what happens this Thursday. Maybe three in a row :D :)

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.