Hook Up

4 replies to this topic
  • shawnwt

Posted May 20, 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hey Gents

Anybody tryed the trails tires with any success. I herd rumors that people
were getting good traction with this set up but no facts.How about it anybody.
My son and I ride mostly So. Cal. 05 WR 450

• SANG

Posted May 20, 2005 - 06:10 PM

We use them at Carnegie in th summer (rocks and roots) they work great in slow straight line stuff just dont try to carry any speed on fire roads and shch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shawnwt

Posted May 20, 2005 - 06:15 PM

what brand did you use

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 20, 2005 - 07:08 PM

I ran the Michelin X11 front and back last year for a month including a week in Moab. Never again. Great traction like riding on gummie bears! Useless in sand, mud and absolutely dangerous at high speeds. Not worth the trade offs compared to the performance of good knobbies. :)

• shawnwt

Posted May 21, 2005 - 12:23 PM

I have a few miles left on the stock dunlops, I was just looking at the options out there. Ill stick to the knobbies. thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.