W.B. e series, wide open

5 replies to this topic
  • the agent

Posted May 20, 2005 - 05:29 PM

I've just been given a 2001 xr650r BRP uncorked, my first real dirt bike and its a little slice of heaven. I live in Baja mexico and the places to ride are endless with very little restriction....including sound.

I dont know much about bikes, so any help would be great.

I have a white brothers e series fitted. It has 12 fins and a spark arrestor. I have just removed the spark arrestor so its wide open. Its really loud, which I dont mind at all.

Will this give me more power ( i was told ) ?
Is it bad for my BRP ?
Should I leave the Spark arrestor on ?????

Thanks, i feel like Im a member of the elite :)
Keep the rubber side down !

• roadcam

Posted May 21, 2005 - 07:02 AM

being wide open is usually detrimental to power gain ... the back-pressure enables the engine to pull more gas/air mixture into the combustion chamber ... and YES, re-install your spark arrestor ... eventually you will find yourself riding in an area that is fire-prone ... spark arrestors help prevent forest fires, and save lives and property ... also, if you ever ride into a USFS area without one, you will get well-deserved penalties, and probably have your bike impounded ... ride responsibly .. :)

• BWB63

Posted May 21, 2005 - 07:23 AM

Lot's of guy's run the "E" without the back plate. You will still have more then 5% back pressure that you need. Most leave the 12 disks there, they don't do anything any more but, make a meaner sound. The back plate has to be on to be a spark arrestor. If the bike was jetted with the back plate on and now you run it off, your jetting will have changed a tad bit leaner.

Sorry, "GiVen" that just freaked me out :)

"I was given a XR650R in Baja Mexico"

After someone just said, they had there's stolen?

I am sure you didn't steal it or that it was stolen but, that just makes you think it was when you say "given", You might just have a ton of guy's wanting to look at your bike. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • the agent

Posted May 21, 2005 - 05:13 PM

:) I see your point, maybe I should explain myself. I have a very good friend who Lives in texas, They have a holiday house in Cabo. He bought 2 XR650r to keep down here. However he does not get down much due to buisness and is also tired of Kicking the BRP. Not that I find it a problem at all.

He has just bought himself a new 450x and loves the electric start !

You know whats going to kill you. He is selling the other in excellent condition with after markets,uncorked, for a $1000 to a friend. He picks it up on Monday :)

Dont worry, we have all the paper work.

Thanks for the info, I will put back my spark arrestor. If there is any other info that you think wise to pass on please feel free. :D

One last thing, I really do feel spoiled to be given a bike, but I wouldnt kick a gift horse in the mouth.

• BWB63

Posted May 21, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Here are two web pages that will get you going on all you need to know about your new pig.

The Pig Pen Click Here: :)
Eric runs it and one of the pages has an interactive picture that you can click on each part for info, real cool :)

Then there is my site that is manly about adding to the XR650R

All About The XR650R Click Here: :D
It has pages about Suspension, More Horsepower, Video's and pictures

Between the two you can find links to all the othere sites you need to go to :D

• the agent

Posted May 22, 2005 - 06:21 AM

Many thanks

Related Content

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.