Your Thoughts on The FMF Titanium4 Full System?

4 replies to this topic
  • sldietz

Posted May 20, 2005 - 11:33 AM

I can get one for $300....do they make a spark arrestor for it?...Is it too loud?...How much power gain? Im running a stock header and a WB E-Series silencer right now on my '01 426. Any rejetting required with it?

Thanks!

• jonova

Posted May 20, 2005 - 12:05 PM

I can get one for $300....do they make a spark arrestor for it?...Is it too loud?...How much power gain? Im running a stock header and a WB E-Series silencer right now on my '01 426. Any rejetting required with it?

Thanks!

I noticed a major gain in HP :) Mostly because I was running an FMF Q series prior. I went up one size on my main and tweeked the air screw a little bit.

FMF does make a spark arrestor for it ($50 later) but I recomend going to mcmaster.com and ordering some small SS wire mesh ($7.50) part # 9238T531 and use the end cap they give you. I don't care about the added noise, I'm not paying attention to that, I'm more worried about crashing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 20, 2005 - 01:16 PM

I like mine a lot. It might not be a 96db pipe, but I'm pretty sure it's under 100. It's certainly way quieter than the R4 on my kid's 250F.

Mine has the Power Bomb header. With the stock system, it had a kind of "hit" in the middle of the power curve. With the FMF system, it pulls hard from the bottom clear to the rev limit. I can't really feel a difference in peak power, although dyno charts show a gain of about 1. What I do feel is the power curve is a lot flatter; more power above and below peak.

If you can get one for $300, get it. :)

• sldietz

Posted May 20, 2005 - 01:45 PM

This is not the power bomb...but the Ti Hi-Flow Header...Ti Mid Pipe and the Ti4 muffler...I am going to get it...just wanted some feedback on it....thanks!

• Fly-nBri

Posted May 21, 2005 - 05:47 AM

Can't go wrong there! :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.