??? 400 or 450 flywheel on 426 ???

1 reply to this topic
  • myoung

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm in the process of getting the parts together that I need to put a light on my 2000 YZ426 and There's a TT brother selling a WR400 and a WR450 flywheel. Does anybody know if either of these could be used for the conversion? Will it be out of balance, will either work with a wr426 stator, or for that matter will either one even mount up to the 426 crank?

Another thing is if I have to use a 426 flywheel, the stator I have has a specific part number for a 2002 WR426 and Yamaha also shows different part numbers for an '01 WR426 and an '02 WR426 flywheel as well. Do I have to run the 2002 flywheel to 'match' the stator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slotracer577

Posted May 21, 2005 - 06:13 AM

I'm in the process of getting the parts together that I need to put a light on my 2000 YZ426 and There's a TT brother selling a WR400 and a WR450 flywheel. Does anybody know if either of these could be used for the conversion? Will it be out of balance, will either work with a wr426 stator, or for that matter will either one even mount up to the 426 crank?

Another thing is if I have to use a 426 flywheel, the stator I have has a specific part number for a 2002 WR426 and Yamaha also shows different part numbers for an '01 WR426 and an '02 WR426 flywheel as well. Do I have to run the 2002 flywheel to 'match' the stator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After owning a YZ 426, which I put a lighting coil on and a WR 450, the flywheels are not even close in construction. Just order a new stator for the YZ with a lighting coil and put it on.

John

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.