Water Wetter??

10 replies to this topic
  • snow

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:53 PM

Anyone use the Redline water wetter? Is it any good or should i be looking for something else? Ran my bike up in the mountains and she seemed to get a little hot so I thought maybe some of that and my new rekluse and a little better gearing and i should be set. Also I just cleaned my air filter and I used some k&n filter oil and plastered the crap out of the outside and then sqeezed but there was not much exsess?? Also I just did the outside should i do the inside?

• 02YZ426

Posted May 19, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Heres a recent thread about water wetter http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=254928

• snow

Posted May 19, 2005 - 02:11 PM

I should have done a search before I posted it sounds like this stuff realy works so I give it a try.

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:19 PM

...I hear it's good... :)

• jkrmz

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:21 PM

Also try engine ice coolant. I ran it in my 426 and now in my rmz450 and it helped with coolant overflow

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mx426

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:34 PM

I like engine ice better myself, pre-mixed and I have had better luck with it.

• crfdude86

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:36 PM

i just switched to water wetter and its working good so far

• Slowmotion426

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:38 PM

.... :) .... :D

• Ga426owner

Posted May 20, 2005 - 07:13 AM

I like engine ice better myself, pre-mixed and I have had better luck with it.

I agree.....but both are good products for lowering temps - :)

• DigilubeJay

Posted May 20, 2005 - 09:21 PM

Engine ice is a coolant. Basically Deionized water with propylene glycol added for anti-freeze. The glycol serves as a surfactant in the mix.

Water Wetter is simply and additive. It is a surfactant, or in simpler terms a soap.
It changes the surface tension of the fluid and allows it to dissipate heat more efficiently.

Truth be known, a clean water (DI, distilled) and a small amount of surfactant like Water Wetter is probably the coolest fluid you could possibly run. However, don't forget the freezing temps in winter.

I hate paying the outrageous price for Engine Ice, as it is a very simple formula that can easily be repeated for far less.
I use 50% distilled water(1.50$ gal.at the grocery) /50% propylene glycol (7-8$ a gal) and a couple capfuls of Water Wetter.

• Fly-nBri

Posted May 21, 2005 - 05:42 AM

Engine Ice works great for me and has for years. 1 bottle will last a very long time so don't let the price get to you. Look around.....you'll find it cheap at some places. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.