Magura hydraulic clutch

11 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:42 AM

Any good, worth 275.00? :) Ride on..................

https://secure.srcin...201&StartRow=11

• roadcam

Posted May 19, 2005 - 06:20 PM

go get a pair of those spring-type hand exercisers for about $10, and spend the rest on booze and women ....

• BWB63

Posted May 19, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Barnum uses one on his Baja bike. When riding that I found it to be harder to pull then stock, the way he had it setup.

• JackAttack

Posted May 19, 2005 - 07:38 PM

go get a pair of those spring-type hand exercisers for about $10, and spend the rest on booze and women ....

:) :) :D

:D

• hill5150

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:51 PM

OK your'e right.................I'm going now..... :)

• miguelitro

Posted May 20, 2005 - 12:32 PM

for the booze and women right!
see ya there...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KeithBoyd

Posted May 20, 2005 - 01:37 PM

Note to self:: Nowadays,have I ever got onto a bike,any bike with a cable clutch,and,hanging onto the wild horsepower as I`m going over whoops or on trails as fast I can go within my own capabilities,have I ever thought "That bikes OK ....but I think it`d be better with a hydraulic clutch".....if not ....leave it

Just food for thought...no sarcasm intended ....just being realistic??

• Mikie1

Posted May 20, 2005 - 03:00 PM

I have one on my CRF450- it's awesome. One of the best mods I did to that bike. But not sure it's needed on the 650, depending on what kind of riding you're doing. If you're doing a lot of tight, technical trails and slow rocky sections, then yeah, it'd be worth it. It didn't make the clutch pull much lighter, but the lever position and engagement point is more adjustable and way more consistent than stock. Much easier to slip the clutch & moderate power delivery on hillclimbs, in the snotty, off-camber stuff, roots, etc. And, not that we have a problem with this on the 650's, but it helps me stall a lot less in the really tight stuff too- and it's easier to start the bike in gear (better disengagement). I paid $175 for mine on eBay.

A few years ago I put one on an older ('93) KTM that came with a cable clutch. It was actually the same unit as for a CR250. That one made the clutch pull easier than my son's KX60! Before, the clutch pull was so hard I had to use all four fingers to pull the lever in.

Just my $.02

• hill5150

Posted May 20, 2005 - 03:23 PM

Right on, just thought it might help the pull, my cr 500 from back in the day was a beast of a pull. Last time I heard hydraulics worked great............ :)

• Trail_Ryder

Posted May 20, 2005 - 03:30 PM

Had one on my XR430R. I really liked it.

An auto-clutch might be a better investment it you're doing lots of technical stuff.

• August

Posted May 20, 2005 - 04:01 PM

I have heard that they dont work all that great on the XR as how they are set up requires the clutch acuator to be pulled rather than pushed...any thoughts on this? I am really intriugued with the idea of the Magura.

• hill5150

Posted May 20, 2005 - 04:35 PM

No technical really, just balls out dez and daily street riding.Just looking for an easier pull.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.