Rekluse auto clutch spacer?

4 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I saw a thread saying that a spacer is required but not included with the kit but the thread was from over a year ago plus I read that the clutch and be inproved (third gen?). Does anyone know if I will need a spacer to install the clutch on my 02 WR426? :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:27 AM

You may need the larger diameter throw out ball spacer but you can get that anywhere to adjust your clutch idle engagement position along with the correct spring. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted May 19, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Indy I called Rekluse (side note it was sure nice to have someone answer that actually rides and not just some sales person) and he said if I order the kit and the purch adjuster I will be all set.......is he wrong? Where does the ball spacer go and why do I need a larger one? Does the spring that comes wiht the kit not work??

Sorry about all the questions just want to do the job once and correctly :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 19, 2005 - 02:57 PM

You will be fine with the perch adjustor kit. Without the perch adjustor you woulsd need the larger spacer ball for proper position. I think the ball is not part of the kit but it allows you to set the cable slack to compensate for a smaller stock ball. I run the stock ball with my set up due to the cable length set up I am using. No problems! :)

• byggd

Posted May 20, 2005 - 05:55 AM

Cool! Thanks for the info Indy. Should have it middle of next week, looking forward to trying it out! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.