Does Anyone Agree?

43 replies to this topic
  • dabeyta3

Posted May 19, 2005 - 12:42 AM

Lately a lot of posts have guys arguing about stupid stuff. I am guilty in the past also. But it's to bad this forum couldn't just be a place to share information, ideas, experiences and cool stuff, not attitudes. I can't hardly read a post anymore without a L and R guys fighting. Or a person asking a good question and someone giving a dumb answer. Or even when you give what you feel is a good answer, someone that knows everything has to make you look bad. Does it really make a difference if someone uses the word BRP. Who cares if its not a 650R or 650L, BIG DEAL. Why start posts about it? Some people must be getting board. There are many very smart riders in this forum, if you need their help ask, if you want to help go ahead, just do it without the attitude. Like I said I have done it in the past, but now I realize how childish it is. Lets get back sharing important information, DOES ANYONE AGREE? :)

• SaltyWalrus

Posted May 19, 2005 - 03:13 AM

If I am not interested in a thread, I don't read it.

That thread regarding what is classified as a BRP had lots of replies. People were having fun with it. Let them have fun. Isn't sharing info AND having fun what this is all about? :)

If someone asks a silly question, like putting a neutral light on an XR, I think it's ok to have a little fun with them ... within reason (Frankster, you were too kind on that one).

Just my opinions.

• TimBrp

Posted May 19, 2005 - 03:55 AM

Yeah that other thread got a bit heated. However, we're all dirtbikers and dirtbikers are supposed to be thick-skinned. When you can't take the heat get out the oven....

• ghoti

Posted May 19, 2005 - 04:45 AM

I do :)

• frankstr

Posted May 19, 2005 - 04:50 AM

Yeah, What he said.. :) :D

• BWB63

Posted May 19, 2005 - 05:14 AM

This is one of those posts :)
This thread is exactly what you are complaining about. :D

• JackAttack

Posted May 19, 2005 - 05:33 AM

I think "Borynack" is a wierd last name....does anyone agree? :)

:D :) :D

:worthy:

• Desmo

Posted May 19, 2005 - 07:15 AM

Lately a lot of posts have guys arguing about stupid stuff. I am guilty in the past also. But it's to bad this forum couldn't just be a place to share information, ideas, experiences and cool stuff, not attitudes. I can't hardly read a post anymore without a L and R guys fighting. Or a person asking a good question and someone giving a dumb answer. Or even when you give what you feel is a good answer, someone that knows everything has to make you look bad. Does it really make a difference if someone uses the word BRP. Who cares if its not a 650R or 650L, BIG DEAL. Why start posts about it? Some people must be getting board. There are many very smart riders in this forum, if you need their help ask, if you want to help go ahead, just do it without the attitude. Like I said I have done it in the past, but now I realize how childish it is. Lets get back sharing important information, DOES ANYONE AGREE?

I agree with much of your post. :) Thanks for posting. I must say I thought some of the bantering on the L vs R debate was damn funny. Of course I about fell over in my chair on the "my wife is obese..." in OT a few weeks back. Too bad I did not save it.

I'm here for a few reasons, tech help, entertainment, to offer any help (however humble), and to find out about rides. Entertainment is a big portion of it.

As long as the jeers & "attacks" are done so over the top and or with a smile, I enjoy reading them greatly. I've never posted a personal attack, as far as I know. When the posts get mean & personal, it says way more about the person attacking the the "attackee". I don't enjoy the mean ones, they are pretty childish.

I say keep the awesome tech help and the poker party jesting both in full throttle, like a "thumpin" twin Ducati.....

Cheers

• sportbiker929

Posted May 19, 2005 - 07:32 AM

completely agree

• roadcam

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I agree with you ... the bickering gets old, fast ... seems like they ought to be ridiculing Yamaha, Kaw, Suzuki, KTM ... as to the "harmless ribbing" ... thats how CB radios started many years ago, and pretty soon it was so full of smartass punks, safely protected by distance, that totally ruined a good tool for everyone ... it WILL happen here ... watch and see ... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted May 19, 2005 - 10:56 AM

I think "Borynack" is a wierd last name....does anyone agree? :)

:D :worthy: :D

:D

I agree, he should be band :D anyone with a name from the Ukraine that is miss spelled should be band :) no wounder he can't spell anything right.

• hill5150

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:23 AM

This is one of those posts :)
This thread is exactly what you are complaining about. :)

:D Agreed. Just ride and stop cryin "debayta", for all our sakes..........Ride on......................

• D36 Transplant

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:52 AM

Yeah I agree, let's keep it civilized in here. :) After reading all of the "L" vs "R" posts I am considering selling my street legal "R" and buying a "L". :D

• hill5150

Posted May 19, 2005 - 11:56 AM

Yeah I agree, let's keep it civilized in here. :D After reading all of the "L" vs "R" posts I am considering selling my street legal "R" and buying a "L". :)

Stop drinking son.......... :)

• Baron Von Beard

Posted May 19, 2005 - 12:58 PM

I agree. But I like the fact that if I get into it with another TT'r, I end up adding a lot of posts to my bottom line in a real short time. "Platinum Member" here I come!!! :)

Just kidding. I do agree. I've found that it is easy to misunderstand when someone is being sarcastic or throwing playful jabs, when all you're doing is reading something that they wrote. I'm sure most of the bickering is simply a case of misunderstanding.

I promise to give people the benefit-of-the-doubt from now on. :D

• dabeyta3

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:01 PM

I am now going to leave TT, I'm tired of the personal attacks. A few people are wrecking it for most. It's always the same people with childish attacks, well go ahead and attack me again, I'm not returning here ever again! :) :D :)

• Rokatt88

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:32 PM

Well...that didn't take long...

Hey, if you want to be treated better and with more understanding, you should just hop on over to the Joe Momma Forum at advrider.com. Be sure to let them know you are from TT. They like to share the love...

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:36 PM

Why do you need Free Irondude?

How much does it cost, what does it do?

that's joke....see. :)

• pb1963

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:45 PM

Why do you need Free Irondude?

How much does it cost, what does it do?

that's joke....see. :)

:D Thats funny! Looks like they are giving away Irondude for free. I want to know what it does too.

• MotoGoalie

Posted May 19, 2005 - 01:47 PM

A lot of people want Free Irondude, but who pays in the end?

What about Free Tibet?

Stuff costs money, man.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.