YZ SEATS FOR SALE

7 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 19, 2001 - 08:15 PM

I HAVE YZ SEATS FOR SALE FOR $100.00 WITH GRIPPER SEAT COVERS AND I HAVE SOME STOCK YZ TANKS FOR SALE FOR $125.00/$150.00
CALL TOLL FREE 866-782-4600/818-782-4600

THANKS MARK

• Polo

Posted February 20, 2001 - 08:15 PM

I have a 2001 WR426. Will they fit?

• Michael

Posted February 20, 2001 - 09:06 PM

The YZ seat and tank will fit as a set. Don't mix them (YZ tank and WR seat as an example)

• Powerband

Posted February 21, 2001 - 04:11 PM

Michael,
Do you know for certain that a 01yz426f seat and tank will fit exactly on a 01wr426f?

The reason I am asking is I have a 01wr426f and I would rather spend the money for a yz seat and tank from Yamaha rather than a third party if I knew for sure it fit perfectly. I don't want to mess around with cutting and fitting, etc.

If it does work, where can I actually get the best deal for a 01yz426f seat and tank?

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Powerband (edited 02-21-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonez34

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:28 PM

as far as i know the yz and wr bodywork has been the same since 1998. they haven't changed a thing. even the new 250 uses the 1998 style plastic.

my yz tank bolted up with no problem but the ufo shrouds took a little pushing and tugging to get the bolts to go in-maybe cause they were new and needed to be formed a little more?

there is one thing i noticed right away- the weight of the wr stock tank is outrageous!! the yz tank weighs about half, if not more. and when you first put on the yz tank you will start wondering if it is for a 400 or an 80. it is so slim and compact, but the seat?!?!?! being able to get up on the tank is worth a million bucks! bonez

------------------
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

• Michael

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:54 PM

Powerband - I believe the YZ parts are direct bolt-ups as Bonez said. I ordered a seat from 2Dads - these are "reconditioned" stock Yamaha seats and used stock YZ tanks. Give them a call and talk with Mark...he'll explain where (and how) he gets them. I haven't done business with them before so I can't vouch for personally - but they seemed like good people and I haven't heard any complaints. I'll know more after this transaction is complete.

• Michael

Posted February 22, 2001 - 02:57 PM

Sorry - I forgot to add - these will save you about $100 over new. I think the list from Yamaha is $125 for the seat and $225 for the tank. Maybe you could cut a deal with your local dealer....I haven't had much luck in that regard.

• Powerband

Posted February 22, 2001 - 03:27 PM

Thanks for all the info.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.