Air Box Snorkel

8 replies to this topic
  • gura

Posted May 18, 2005 - 12:10 PM

What is the Air Box Snorkel, where is it, what does it look like?

• byggd

Posted May 18, 2005 - 12:28 PM

If you have a WR remove the seat and you will see it :)

• new04450

Posted May 18, 2005 - 01:31 PM

Comes right out- use a screwdriver to pry the box, and use a set of pliers to pull it out- Be careful not to crack the airbox!!!!!

• wr450oregon

Posted May 18, 2005 - 07:30 PM

Go to http://www.wr450.com/ look under photos and airbox mod.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gr8eyes

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:06 AM

gura, you might get the latest CYCLE WORLD. They have an in depth section on 8 different performance mods you can do to the wr450f. The air box mod is one of them.

Glenn

• byggd

Posted May 19, 2005 - 08:39 AM

gura, check out the link. its for the 03 but still applies

http://www.off-road....4/runright.html

• gr8eyes

Posted May 19, 2005 - 10:18 AM

gura, I made a mistake, the reference should be to Dirt Rider not Cycle World. My mechanic actually has the article at the shop. I'm picking up my 05 tomorrow and told him to do the mods.

Glenn

It looks suspiciously like byggd's reference above.

• newbiethumper

Posted June 07, 2005 - 09:13 PM

What is the month of the Dirt rider issue for the mods article. I have looked through the last coule months to find it and nothing.

Thanks.

• RADRick

Posted June 08, 2005 - 09:16 AM

gura, I made a mistake, the reference should be to Dirt Rider not Cycle World. My mechanic actually has the article at the shop. I'm picking up my 05 tomorrow and told him to do the mods.

Glad you corrected that since I wrote the article. It's in the June '05 issue if anyone's interested.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.