17inch Rims Wanted!

3 replies to this topic
  • Wheelie

Posted February 19, 2001 - 12:15 PM

Over here in the bright 'n' shiny England UK a set of nice 17" Talon rims sets me back £750 pounds, over $1000. These prices are ridiculos! I want to Super Moto my WR 400, Its not very easy to be a millionair in your spare time and after spending £4000 on my bike I'd Kinda like to ease off on the wallet (being 16yrs old!) Any suggestions Guys?

Your Help would be much appreciated
Cheers Tom Ireland

• Taffy

Posted February 19, 2001 - 01:13 PM

try taking the wheels out of production road bikes they are light & cheap, that's what most clubmen do.

also look for TZ wheels in the comic every wednesday.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted February 19, 2001 - 06:19 PM

Taffy is right...
Fittment of a set of used sport bike wheels is the cheapest solution to your question.
Perhaps Taffy will assist you in getting the wheel centerlines, brake hangers, sprocket offset right.
It is slightly time consuming but this might be cheaper for you than lacing up a set of wheels...
Good F'in Luck...
B

• Taffy

Posted February 20, 2001 - 07:26 AM

check the relative swingarm gaps

scribe a line across the swingarm to the rim on both sides.

measure the distance to the YZ rims & work it from there.

always use the road wheel spindle dia.

measure the distance in again to the brake disc & the rear sprocket & get the next set to match.

the rear sprocket & front can run 4/5 mm out of line if needs be. my 680SSS duke had the sprockets 15mm out of line. after some lathe work it's down to 4mm now & runs fine.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.