Anybody using the GPR Steering Stabilizer?

10 replies to this topic
  • OldenPhatt

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:44 PM

I want to get a steering stabilizer for my 02 426. I heard good things about the Scott except that it partially blocks the oil input so you have to loosen it and shove it out of the way to put oil in the bike, which seems sort of lame. Is anybody running the GPR stablizer on a 426? If yes, do you like it? Can out put oil in the bike without opening your tool box?

• cobra427

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:15 PM

I have one. I like it and oil is a cinch to put in without having to move anything. Between my rg3 susp. and my gpr it makes my old bike 02 yz 250, seem like a handling dog. Good luck

• palmdaleRider

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:53 PM

Love mine! Bike is completely different thru the washes. Haven't change the oil since I mounted the unit. Doesn't look like it's a problem though.

• tmonteton

Posted May 17, 2005 - 08:48 PM

id have to agree, its one of the best things ive done, and with good suspension you can rip anything on the trails without troubles, its saved my a** quite a few times already and makes riding tougher trails much more enjoyable, not to mention going faster!

• Daz_426_02

Posted May 18, 2005 - 12:37 AM

I wouldn't mind one either, i presume these are also very handy in Supermoto ?
Just so expensive, here in the UK they are equivalent to about $850 USD.
Cant justify that kind of spend on something that might not make much of a difference to me...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • phat_450f

Posted May 18, 2005 - 02:04 AM

i am with DAZ 426 on this one. I wouldnt mind having one but need some $$$ to get one. A friend of mine has one on his yz 400. He said he likes it. I havent rode his bike yet. But i am going out this weekend so i will ask him for ya then...

• palmdaleRider

Posted May 18, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I wouldn't mind one either, i presume these are also very handy in Supermoto ?
Just so expensive, here in the UK they are equivalent to about $850 USD.
Cant justify that kind of spend on something that might not make much of a difference to me...

Look regularly on Ebay for a deal

• Husky_Forever

Posted May 18, 2005 - 08:56 AM

I use one on my KLX 650 and it works great. Great service department there at GPR too. Very friendly and QUICK turn around should any problem arise. Don't need one on the Husky for Baja, but would love to try their new, quick shift on the fly model that came out this year. Steny :)

• Crabtree426

Posted May 18, 2005 - 09:04 AM

Do they help conserve a noticable amount of energy?

• yamadoggy

Posted May 18, 2005 - 09:37 AM

My buddy has a Scotts on his 00 426. He just uses a long funnel and it works fine. Ebay is definately the place to find a damper CHEAP.

• yzf450jack

Posted May 18, 2005 - 05:03 PM

I had a GPR and hated it :) not enough adjustments I got a Scotts now and love it so many adjustments sweep ,high speed, low speed, free back to center :D The GPR just has dampning you want to talk about arm pump :D go with Scotts there about $50.00 more and worth it :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.