Front Fork Issues

6 replies to this topic
  • Titanium Fink

Posted May 17, 2005 - 03:30 PM

I have an 04 WR 450F and I have encountered an issue with the front fork seals. They will develop a leak and one can see the fluid from the suspension flowing down to a puddle on the ground. At the current moment I have the front forks off my bike and with send them in to be resealed for the second time. Is there anything I can do to reduce these leaky seals? I have a friend that rides an O4 Honda CRF250X and he has not change the seals once. Help me out!!!!

• drewpeacock

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:25 PM

Before you send them in try this. It works and is FREE. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=213525 :)

• Titanium Fink

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Cool, I will try this. Is there any way to keep grit from getting up there in the first place?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drewpeacock

Posted May 17, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Cool, I will try this. Is there any way to keep grit from getting up there in the first place?

You can use the fork saver which a lot of people swear by... You can do a "search" on them to see what people say about them.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 17, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Seal Savers work very well. Just remember to clean under them regularily. :)

• shawnwt

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:23 PM

drewpeacock

NIce job with the pics. :)

• LiquidSilver

Posted June 06, 2005 - 10:37 AM

AAARGHH! I've tried the seal savers, I kept the legs clean, it's got good springs for my weight and riding style, I've tried the Honda seals, I've used the film... they still leak like crazy! And I had to pull out of a ride yesterday when ALL the oil puked out of the right one!

Totally ticked and at a total loss of what to do with this thing!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.