05 WR450F Steel Brake Line

8 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 17, 2005 - 01:18 PM

I am looking for a steel braided brake line for my 05 WR450.

Has anyone used the Galfer steel braided front line on the O5?

If not what brand have you chose and for what year and make bike. Most seems to be listed for a YZ application.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 17, 2005 - 02:13 PM

I strongly recommend the Ride engineering SS braided line with Honda routing! Great service and good product! :)

Posted Image

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 17, 2005 - 03:36 PM

Ride Engineer has a great looking setup, but I not really excited about having to buy the $30 clamp. However, I assume the CR setup requires a clamp.

• mtrablue

Posted May 18, 2005 - 01:57 PM

if you have an '05, you shouldn't need the clamp, your's is already cr routed and should have some sort of clamp on the fork guard.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 19, 2005 - 09:42 AM

Yes, it does already have a clamp on the fork guard. I was looking at it yesterday. What do you know? In my case not a "hell of alot".

• clark4131

Posted September 04, 2005 - 11:21 AM

Did you ever go with the steel brake line? If so, how did it go with the OEM clamp? Thanks...SC

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 04, 2005 - 07:13 PM

Did it firm up the brake feel?

• Matty05

Posted September 04, 2005 - 08:09 PM

I got goodridge braided lines on mine, The difference is definately noticable.
It takes out the dullness and is alot easier to sense what the front is doing.
The back one is harder to tell as I don't use it that much to be honest although it is
easier to control wheelies!

• Joe Reitman

Posted September 05, 2005 - 10:39 AM

thanks. Anyone know an inexpensive suorce in the US? I seem to recall seeing it advertised somewhere and considering it a bit pricey...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.