Yoshimura Comp full exhaust system

9 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted May 17, 2005 - 10:27 AM

Well,

I sold my Cannondale E440 and went for a 2000 WR400. Haven't had a chance to ride it much yet, looking forward to it.

Does anyone have the Yoshimura comp full exhaust system on their WR400? I was looking to change out the stock system.

Any other recommendations? Looking for added horse power.

Also, would you recommend changing to the YZ timming? I'm 6'7" and 285 lbs so I need all the extra power I can get.

Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to learning about these bikes and what mods make them better. :)

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted May 17, 2005 - 10:58 AM

I just got the Yosh Comp for my WR 450.....it is really nice. It's quality, it's quiet, it adds ponies, it is "bling",(sorry, but it really does look nice) and it's cheap. $300 isn't exactly a freebee, but it costs less than most guys aluminum quiet cans. I highly recommend it.

• sharpmarble

Posted May 17, 2005 - 11:33 AM

Have any of the free mods been done to it? (airbox lid, throttle stop, uncork the pipe, grey wire) if not, do these. As far as the YZ timing, if you do alot of tight single track you might like the WR timing better.....

• sharpmarble

Posted May 17, 2005 - 11:46 AM

By the way, how was your dale? Did you have problems with it? How is it compared to the WR engine wise and ergos? I thought about picking one up as a second bike, since they can be found for cheap sometimes.

• Conan_'dale

Posted May 17, 2005 - 12:10 PM

By the way, how was your dale? Did you have problems with it? How is it compared to the WR engine wise and ergos? I thought about picking one up as a second bike, since they can be found for cheap sometimes.

I've uncorked the stock pipe. Not sure what the other 3 are yet??

Did you guys go with the full system? I found it on Rocky Mountain ATV for 395.00, is there a better price somewhere else?

Sharpmarble, The 'Dale was unreal. I can't even explain how awesome it was. I was afraid of it though, too technically advanced for me. I'm not a mechanic and they required a lot of upkeep. Mine was very reliable but I chose to go with a long term proven bike like the WR's. Put in gas, change the oil and forget the rest. If the 'dale was proven and bullet proof like the Yami's I can't imagine owning anything else. I had 2 'dales and both ripped, the fuel injection was amazing.

Anyway, that chapter is closed and I'm really looking forward to getting this WR400 tractor dialed in for my big butt.

Thanks! I think I will go with the Yoshi... Where the best place to pick up the full system?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted May 21, 2005 - 06:18 AM

www.morepoweracing.com.

They were $40 cheaper on my slip on Yosh. I bought the system from Motorcycle Superstore online, and they price matched the exhaust from More Power. Mcycle Superstore threw in freight too!
I would do the slip on IMHO, I've been told by many that the header doesn't add much. The extra cash saved could be spent on something more useful. Up to you though. G luck.

• simch

Posted May 21, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Are they as quiet as the FMF Q?

I have a titanium Akropovic system, its incredible quality, vey trick and makes great power, but its so damn noisy!! I was gunna change to an FMF Q as I am sure I wuld not be allowed in many events with the Akra.

• elton

Posted May 21, 2005 - 07:35 PM

It comes with a 94-96db USF approved spark arrestor insert. I believe the Q is advertised in the 94db range. IMO, it's only slightly more noisy than my stock 05 exhaust uncorked; but it sounds better.

Elton

• HuMpy

Posted May 21, 2005 - 07:39 PM

i got a full race pipe from yoshi for my crf450 made good power but it had a factory defect and they arent strong at all and yoshi dont back there shit

• rpm28

Posted May 21, 2005 - 09:37 PM

I got the Yoshi Comp slip on for my CRF450...nice can I'm quite pleased.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.