Kick shaft?

4 replies to this topic
  • yz450roden

Posted May 17, 2005 - 07:21 AM

If the kickstarter loses all tension is it most likely the kick shaft? I was riding last Thursday and kicked after a stall and the kick just went limp and then came back hyperextended. Advice?

• grayracer513

Posted May 17, 2005 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like a problem with the return spring. '03's have broken the shafts before, though. Time to open it up and see.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krotchwaffle

Posted May 17, 2005 - 12:50 PM

a buddy of mine has broken his 03 kickstart shaft twice now. the first time it was fixed under warranty. he's having trouble this time around.

at that time we heard that the 03s were having problems with the start shaft/gear and that the replacement part was cured of this problem. apparently not.

• yz450roden

Posted May 18, 2005 - 05:56 AM

Opened the case last night and one of the gears broke in half and another chipped a sprocket. Ive never heard of a part breaking just from kicking the bike to get it started. Seems kind of weak. My bike is an 04 not an 03.

• phat_450f

Posted May 18, 2005 - 06:17 AM

man i cant believe that you are having problems with that. Thats odd as hell.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.