ANYONE CHECKED 450 db LEVEL.....

4 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:16 AM

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD THERE 450 db LEVEL CHECKED??? I AM RUNNING A GYT-R FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM, AND THINKING OF RIDING IN AN ENDURO, AND AMA RULES SAY 98db MAX AT 20". I AM PRETTY SURE THE AFTERMARKET FREE BREATHING EXHAUST ARE PROBALY PUSHING 102+. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD THERES CHECKED?????????

• ckulzer

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:51 AM

Stock exhaust with a GYT-R insert makes 91.5dbA.

Have fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waterdog3

Posted May 18, 2005 - 07:14 AM

any one running yz exhaust on wr???ever had db level checked???????

• mtrablue

Posted May 18, 2005 - 01:53 PM

a stock yz exhaust will check 101 to 102. too loud for an enduro. no spark arrestor either. i've had the good luck to help work on trails for this weekend's national enduro at st.joe park in park hills, mo. the subject of noise came up and the promoter said this, "if your mother would think it was too loud, then it's too loud."

• brady-yzf

Posted May 18, 2005 - 01:58 PM

I've got a '03 yzf450 with an FMF ti4 pipe, I also fear that mine will be too loud for my upcoming enduros. Does anyone know a cheap solution for quieting it down, I don't really want to buy a new pipe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.