nd help with electrex dakar DS kit

No replies to this topic
  • creepy

Posted May 17, 2005 - 05:10 AM

I installed this new kit and when I remove the battery and measure across the battery charging output from the regulator, I get 12vdc at idle and it drops to 2 vdc or so when I rev the motor. I replaced the regulator which did not help.
Has anyone installed this kit and had a similar problem?
Also when I look at the stator coil, the windings look almost like theyve been done by hand, (this is a used 99 WR400F) which makes me wonder if a previous owner was in there.
Ive taken the stator out again and I swear I did the modification right. I pulled the ground lead and ran a wire back up to the kit's AC input, so the other side isnt ground anymore.
I show something like 35VAC with a moderate pull on the throttle.. Im wondering if I should try putting the OEM AC regulator in front of the dakar kit, since Im stumped and cant think of anything else to try.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.