Honda XR650L (1994)

Owner: dangerousleigh
Added on December 03, 2016
Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Show your PIG

Honda XR600R Honda XR650L Honda XR650R Honda XR500 Honda XR500R Honda XL600R

4165 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these bikes is your primary ride? (3687 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these bikes is your primary ride?

1. Voted XR650R (953 votes [26.04%])

Percentage of vote: 26.04%

2. Voted XR650L (1576 votes [43.06%])

Percentage of vote: 43.06%

3. Voted XR600R (784 votes [21.42%])

Percentage of vote: 21.42%

4. Voted XL600 (185 votes [5.05%])

Percentage of vote: 5.05%

5. Voted Other XL/XR (162 votes [4.43%])

Percentage of vote: 4.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote
  • Cigar Mike

TT Member

31 posts

Posted January 12, 2010 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

Last September at Palisades State Park, Utah. Rode Skyline Trail and explored much of the area.

Mods to the BRP

2005 XR650L
Corbin Seat, FMF Power Core 4 w/Power Bomb Header, FCR41 Pumper Carb, Smog Block Off Kit, Uni filter, Snorkel Removed, iCat, Heavier Eibach Fork Springs, Rear Shock link- lowered 1”, Clarke 4 Gallon Tank, Moose Brush Guards, Oversized Foot Pegs, Super Brace Fork Brace, Acerbis Front Disc and Fork Protectors, Shorty Levers, Garmin 276C w/Tourtec Mount, Moose Roll Chart, Rim Locks, Dirt Bagz Saddle Bags-Tail Bag-Number Plate Bag, Dirt Wheels Excel Rims w/ Heavy Duty spokes by Buchanan, Tires-Kenda 760 120x80-18 Rear and Metzler Unicross 90x90-21, Front and Rear-Heavy Duty Tubes, Street Wheels- Stock Rims with Kenda 657 Tires, 13 and 14 Front Sprockets and 50 Tooth Ironman Rear Sprocket, 1” Handle Bar Risers, XRs Only Chain Guard, Small Rear Tail Rack, Center Stand.

Cigar Mike

• Vanpelt999

TT Newbie

19 posts

Posted January 12, 2010 - 06:42 PM

Arkansas pig

Posted Image

• obwan93001

TT Member

83 posts

Posted January 13, 2010 - 12:47 AM

Just picked her up for $3700 on 1/9/10 from private seller who only put 45mi on her! He tossed in an almost new White Bros E2 slip on pipe in the sale too! :banghead:

Have a list of things I wanna do such as Dave's mods, uncorking, Acerbis red 5.8g fuel tank, Acerbis CRF450 red front vented fender, TT skid plate, UNI air filter, RSW fork brace and possible highway pegs for the long hauls. Already have and ready to install a nice used Scott's damper and mount kit, new Slipstreamer windshield, new red CycleRack.com rear cargo rack, new XRs Only lowering link which I may not use as I want to play w/the rear sag some before I decide to lower her. I can barely touch the balls of my feet when sitting, toes no prob so if I can adjust rear shock just a bit I should be ok w/o the lowering link. I'm gonna decide on a set of tires but have to get an idea of what my habits will be in regards to the percentage of street and dirt so I can better decide on the type of tires to get.

I'm gonna have some fun on this pig fer sure! :ride: Glad to be here! :bonk:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Bibleman

TT Gold Member

1,114 posts

Posted January 13, 2010 - 06:04 PM

^^^^^Nice find!^^^^:banghead:

• dino3310

TT Member

84 posts

Posted January 13, 2010 - 08:19 PM

obwan93001 thats a bloody good find mate, i picked my 93 600r up for 4k with acerbis tank, bark busters, 37000 on the clock, ive done 500 klms and i gotta take the motor out for some surgery:bonk: ohwell diferent market over here:banghead: would be great to see deals like that over here, yours would be worth around 10-11k over here.
as for seat height once you sort the rear for your weight you'l be sweet, i know one guy over here who can only tippeetoe on one foot, but shit he can ride:thumbsup:

nice buy mate, i can see a long happy relationship developing already:lol:

• CFRacer22

TT Bronze Member

103 posts

Posted January 13, 2010 - 11:39 PM

well, finally got some work finished and snapped some pictures...when I got this bike it was pretty bad off, but it was ride-able and it was summer, so I wanted to wait on fixing it, now that its been cold I decided to get to work. In the past few weeks I've put on a Trail Tech Endurance speedo, added LED turn signals front and rear (it didn't have any), cut the front fender down to look like the common dirt-bike style, put on a CRF rear fender, LED rear tail/brake light, mounted the plate to the back of the air-box, put on a UNI, vented the air-box, a stock CRF450 muffler, and jetted it accordingly, and a 14 tooth front sprocket, cleaned, painted, and powdercoated a lot of little parts. I think that's about it...and I put the stock gas tank back on instead of the white IMS larger capacity one it had, I like the extra range it gave but it was faded/stained, the stock one made the bike look better and made it more comfortable (my knees are pointing so far outward now), if I decide to take it on any long trips I could always switch it back...I have some other plans (number 1 would be a new headlight) but I don't really need to spend any more money on it right now...

Anyway, here's the pics...not everything is completely tied/bolted up yet, still got some wires hanging around and stuff...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• EXxrldtgnow300dtg

TT Titanium Member

2,855 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted January 14, 2010 - 06:55 AM

obwan93001 thats a bloody good find mate, i picked my 93 600r up for 4k with acerbis tank, bark busters, 37000 on the clock, ive done 500 klms and i gotta take the motor out for some surgery:bonk: ohwell diferent market over here:banghead: would be great to see deals like that over here, yours would be worth around 10-11k over here.
as for seat height once you sort the rear for your weight you'l be sweet, i know one guy over here who can only tippeetoe on one foot, but shit he can ride:thumbsup:

nice buy mate, i can see a long happy relationship developing already:lol:

Dang man, I need to buy a ticket to New Zealand and crate up my loaded 08XR650L and bring it there to sell it. After the round trip ticket and shipping fees, I would still come out well ahead. :banghead:
Posted Image

• dino3310

TT Member

84 posts

Posted January 14, 2010 - 02:35 PM

Dang man, I need to buy a ticket to New Zealand and crate up my loaded 08XR650L and bring it there to sell it. After the round trip ticket and shipping fees, I would still come out well ahead. :banghead:
Posted Image

bring it over tour the country then sell on:thumbsup:

well mate Bluewing Honda(Honda NZ) dont bring the XR thumpers over here anymore:banghead:, fock knows why it just leaves the market open for DR,Klr,LC4s:bonk:. But plain and simple a XR650 will out perform all of them:banana: so why they dont support them i dunno, but it leaves a door open in a niche market for an entrepreneur such as myself to get 40 of them into a sea container and ship them over here to an XRs only ADV shop:banana:
well that the dream just need some lotto money to get it started:lol:

• dino3310

TT Member

84 posts

Posted January 14, 2010 - 03:17 PM

my piggy
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• obwan93001

TT Member

83 posts

Posted January 17, 2010 - 08:35 PM

Thanks guys! New here and have been a bit busy but been going thru some of the posts in this thread and there are alot of really nice piggies out there alright, love em all! That's a shame you can't get an XRL easily in NZ dino3310, a damn shame you have to pay a premium, and a pig of a premium for one at that. I got kinda lucky in finding mine for sure and am grateful for the deal.

I finally got to ride her yesterday for the first time and in the dirt too! :ride: :banghead: I hadn't ridden a bike in about 25 yrs, really, 25 yrs :bonk: but did alright. Being 5'9" I was a tiny bit intimidated by her size at first (stock seat, no lowering link), heehee, but as soon as I reminded myself that I didn't spend my hard earned money to stand there and look at her daydreaming of riding I hit the estart and took the F off in a cloud of dust! Me and bro in law rode trails for about 4 hrs and I had an f'ng blast man. It all came back after a few minutes and still have some practice to do or should I say rust to shake off but will mos def have a blast riding my piggie from here on out!

Ride safe and ride on! :bonk:

• Rman of 237

TT Silver Member

847 posts

Posted January 18, 2010 - 07:53 AM

I finally got to ride her yesterday for the first time and in the dirt too! :bonk: :bonk: I hadn't ridden a bike in about 25 yrs, really, 25 yrs :ride: but did alright.

25 yrs??? Unimaginable!!:bonk: Welcome back!:banghead:

• obwan93001

TT Member

83 posts

Posted January 18, 2010 - 08:53 AM

25 yrs??? Unimaginable!!:bonk: Welcome back!:banghead:

Haahahaaa. Thanks Rman! Yep, 25yrs! Had a handbuilt lawnmower engine powered minibike that I learned to ride on when I was about 10ish then when I was 15 I got a '74 CB550-four for the street, a beat up '72 CB175 turned enduro for some early dual sporting and a few yrs later an '81 CR250R for ripping in the dirt. The 175 and 250 both broke down (engine) and at the time I was needing money to replace my old '69 Mustang coupe w/a new '83 Mustang GT so I sold them all. Regretted it ever since but did love my Mustang and then got into cars for a bit then work and life and just never got another bike until this month. I have to admit w/the BRP being so tall in the saddle I had to practice my mounts and dismounts for a while the night before riding, I didn't wanna look like I hadn't been on one in as long as I had, hee hee. Plus the park ranger was inspecting the quads in the group parked next to us and my bro in law had taken off to check out a nearby trail and wanted me to meet him so I had to make sure my first take off was a good'er and I done well. Will be raining all week long so probably won't be able to ride for a bit, it's killing me alret!

• pegscraper

TT Member

61 posts

Posted January 18, 2010 - 02:38 PM

2002 650R, 525klms from new. Needless to say very little used by previous (only) owner from new.Been laid up most of it's life.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• obwan93001

TT Member

83 posts

Posted January 18, 2010 - 03:08 PM

Very nice XRR there pegscraper! Good find right along the lines of me and my new to me XRL. The pics I took were right after I'd taken the 4yrs of collected dust off of her and she looked just as shiny as yours but that only lasted a day as I took her out for our first excursion on dirt trails on Saturday and she now has a few scratches, alot of dirt/dust and a nice battle scar/dent on one of the two lower frame down tubes. Of course the rock that did the job entirely missed the stock cage guard! I knew I should've taken the time late Friday nite to install my new TT skid plate, that's what I get for being tired and sleepy plus didn't want to make too much noise digging around for a T40 bit that I wasn't even sure I had.

Enjoy your XRR pegscraper and get her dirty already will ya!! Have fun!

• pegscraper

TT Member

61 posts

Posted January 18, 2010 - 04:41 PM

Enjoy your XRR pegscraper and get her dirty already will ya!! Have fun!

That's the plan! Will post up some pics when she's seen some action.

• kta2

TT Newbie

21 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 03:31 AM

Here's my XRR. Lots to do to it - but man does it go like h3ll!

Posted Image

• Avistar40

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted January 20, 2010 - 05:09 PM

After owning for over a month my bike finally saw the sunshine and met the neighbors... Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image diggin the new Pig... :banghead:

• tskellham

TT Member

50 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 05:37 AM

Here it is. Haven't done anything to it yet. Can't wait till winter is over.
Posted Image

• obwan93001

TT Member

83 posts

Posted January 21, 2010 - 12:56 PM

Here's my XRR. Lots to do to it - but man does it go like h3ll!

After owning for over a month my bike finally saw the sunshine and met the neighbors... diggin the new Pig... :banghead:

Here it is. Haven't done anything to it yet. Can't wait till winter is over.

Nice piggies guys, enjoy them!

Nice XRR kta2, looks like you've gotten her out and about. Dig the beer mug on the back of your cargo pack! Hell yeah! :ride:

About time you got your nice looking pig out there Avistar40! You took her out to see some cool SC scenery, cool pics! :bonk:

Nice job getting the XRL tskellham! I love my '06 and have only gotten to ride her once so far, has been raining all week. I'm sure you alret know but there are some really nice mods you can do on the cheap. You can open up your stock exhaust by following this how to post out of the FAQ here: http://www.thumperta...984&postcount=1

Also, you don't need to buy a whole jetting kit w/jets you'll prolly never use. Just find out thru searches here or asking around which two you'll need and you should be able to pick them up from your local Honda dealer for under $15, cost me $11 plus change. You might as well pick up the carb gasket kit (float bowl gasket and two o-rings) in case yours needs replacing when you rejet, my kit cost $7 from Honda dealer, they had to order but got it in a couple of days. Mine sat for 4 yrs w/same tank of gas so the gasket was a bit shot, I reused it w/some seal a gasket and that worked after I'd cleaned the carb, no leaks. But I'm gonna replace when I rejet. You can do Dave and Brian's mods and desnorkel your air box for free and then pick up a UNI air filter for under $30 and with all that you'll have a way better pig to enjoy. You can also keep you eyes open for a good but inexpensive skid plate as well, the TT store here has their model for $68 btw, that's the one I got. I'm planning on getting started on my mods this weekend. Have fun and enjoy your piggie man!

Ride on and ride safe guys! :bonk:

• Avistar40

TT Bronze Member

146 posts

Posted January 22, 2010 - 09:48 AM

1985 XR600R

Posted Image

I had one just like it.. Loved it... wish i could find the old brochure... "Rolling Thunder" had to have one.. had to rent a uhaul trailer and tow it home behind a Honda CRX... had a fellow weld some hand/yank holds to the sub frame.. damn near zero maintenance... older or not.. that is a great bike.. enjoy.. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XL600R headlight/horn/turn mount detail? by seatowntom

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

What does the decompression lever actually do? by cdoc83

• Hot  55 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.