Decomp cable

5 replies to this topic
  • zx7rye

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:20 AM

How do you guys route your decomp cable. When my bars hit the left lock the decomp engages and kills the motor. Looking at it, I can't come up with any ideas. :)

• TimBrp

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:38 AM

Check this site out: BRP Manual

Click general information and then cable/harness routing. Should be able to help you out. Good luck :)

• Baja Rudy

Posted May 17, 2005 - 08:52 AM

I have the same problem...move the clutch perch to the right, this give you another 1/2" or so of play. fully de-adjust the decomp cable at the cylinder. you can also route the decomp cable behind of the triple clamp vs the regular way (in-front of the triple clamp next to the clutch cable). lastly, check to make sure that the decomp cable is routed between the radiator and the small connector hose that is horizontal between the to radiators. :)

do you have CR HI bars? GPR 2.0?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zx7rye

Posted May 17, 2005 - 01:12 PM

No...actually Protapers, CR-Low...I guess I am one of the rare few who prefer lower bars. I am going to have to re-invent this a bit as my hand guards may prevent much movement.

• big t

Posted May 17, 2005 - 07:31 PM

Make sure it is adjusted correctly also.

• miguelitro

Posted May 18, 2005 - 12:40 PM

I had to route both decomp and clutch cables behind bars so they wouldnt pinch in the friggen GPr arm and triple. They work fine there. Anyone else had this problem with a gpr?
dont matter cuz i'm gettinng the scotts put back on soon anyways...
Mike

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.