Slipper Clutch for 2002 YZ 426

3 replies to this topic
  • jwstaba

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:24 PM

I built a YZ 426 for a supermoto bike and I am ready to move to the next level with a slipper clutch. I am having trouble finding one that will fit. The FMF CEB Slipper Clutch only has a listing for the YZ 450. Will it work on my YZ 426? If not are there any other companies making them? Thanks

• deadeye1340

Posted May 23, 2005 - 10:12 PM

do a search for "Rekluse Slipper clutch" They are out of Idaho. Yes, that spelling is right... or close to it. It is not spelt normal... cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted May 24, 2005 - 04:15 AM

The Rekluse is an auto clutch not a slipper. Great product but will still offer too much engine braking.

• BergRyder

Posted March 01, 2006 - 01:44 AM

I built a YZ 426 for a supermoto bike and I am ready to move to the next level with a slipper clutch. I am having trouble finding one that will fit. The FMF CEB Slipper Clutch only has a listing for the YZ 450. Will it work on my YZ 426? If not are there any other companies making them? Thanks

The FMF / STM slipper clutch for the YZF450 will not fit the 426, the clutch basket is different. It may be possible to use an aftermarket 450 clutch basket like a Hinson and bolt the 426 primary gear to it, you would also need the 450 clutch plates and actuating arm.But don't worry about that, I have just found a Swiss company that lists a slipper clutch for the 01 & 02 426. They do not have a US importer so you'll have to order from them directly. I have just ordered one so I can't comment on how well it works yet. It is similar to the STM system where "torque limiter springs" of different weights are used for tuning. It comes with three different springs and seems easier to change than the STM due to the use of circlips. Cost is less than the YZ450 STM ($899), the Suter Racing unit costs $750 plus shipping. These guys have a strong background in road racing and seem to have the typical Swiss attention to detail. Check out their website at
http://www.suterraci...170&category=55
I'm really stoked about finding these guys as a slipper is crucial for supermoto, and I've just spent a bunch of money on my 426 motor. I'm not sure how long it will take them to ship the clutch, the web site said 4-5 days delivery. I'll post more info once I get it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.