Any XRs in VA?

20 replies to this topic
  • XR-Det

Posted May 16, 2005 - 04:56 PM

I was just wondering, never seen another XR from Virginia (Beach) here or live on the street. The only thing I see here running around every once a while is a DRZ, probably the same guy I keep seeing :)

Det

• thumpasaurus

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:11 PM

I'm just south of Richmond, in Chester. Have a dual sport converted 650R. I don't ride much on the street on the XR, I mostly connect trails, powerlines, etc on it. Have a Suzuki DL-650 (vstrom) for street and dirt roads.

Give me a heads up if you want to ride sometime. We haul 'em up to the mountains about once a month and ride fire roads and some singletrack.

dan.

• XR-Det

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Hey Dan,
sure, I would love to... we can plan that some day :) :D
What area are you usually going to??

Det

PS: thats why I don't see XRs here if they get hauled to the mountains :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 17, 2005 - 04:10 AM

Ok let me count,

Virginia has a total of 2 XR650s

1x XRR in Chester
1x XRL in VA Beach

cool,
Dan we are here exotic with our bikes ... the West coast must be crowded with XRs.. :)

• thumpasaurus

Posted May 17, 2005 - 10:20 AM

My brother has a DS'ed XR400R right down the street from me. And a guy named Steve up in Winchester has my former 92 XR600R. There was a guy going by the handle of JLPSKYDIVE in No. Va w/ an XRL, and a guy named stonewall out around Harrisonburg w/ a 650R.

so 6.. still pretty exotic. :)

Most of the guys I ride w/ ride Suzi DRZ's. and for good reason.

• XR-Det

Posted May 17, 2005 - 06:21 PM

What is it with those DR/Zs? My two buddies both have a Suzi, one DR350 DS and one currently DRZ400E - not street leagal yet. Well he is working on it...

Anyway, both in VA Beach!! Its becoming the prime DS location here :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 18, 2005 - 05:31 PM

Hey Dan,

you ever go down to Slade's Park in Surry?? We are probably heading there this weekend... its about 6 miles of trails, sand and around the fields.

Det

• XR-Det

Posted May 21, 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hello???

Come on guys - there should be more than 2 active TT members with XR650s (L or R) in Virginia????

Det

• Jmistichelli

Posted May 23, 2005 - 10:20 AM

I live in Virginia Beach and have a XL600R. Does that come close enough for you?

John

• jlpskydive

Posted May 23, 2005 - 11:28 AM

My brother has a DS'ed XR400R right down the street from me. And a guy named Steve up in Winchester has my former 92 XR600R. There was a guy going by the handle of JLPSKYDIVE in No. Va w/ an XRL, and a guy named stonewall out around Harrisonburg w/ a 650R.

so 6.. still pretty exotic. :)

Most of the guys I ride w/ ride Suzi DRZ's. and for good reason.

It's 5, I moved back to NC THANK GOD!!! Nothing against VA, but DC sucks!
We go ride in Stuart fairly often. My freind has a cabin up there. Lots of trails and really cool people in the town. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 04:10 PM

I live in Virginia Beach and have a XL600R. Does that come close enough for you?

John

Sure that counts :) :D and welcome to TT

Is yours dualsported?? If not, next question: where do you ride it??? :) I'm always looking for new places if there are any around here...

Det

• XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 04:18 PM

ok, I update that list - counting everything we get to 6 here in VA:

Virginia Beach
===============
XR650L - XR-Det
XL600R - Jmistichelli

Chesterfield
===============
XR650R (DS) - thumpasaurus
XR400R (DS) - thumpasaurus brother

Winchester
===============
XR600R - Steve

Harrisonburg
===============
XR650R - stonewall

• XR-Det

Posted May 23, 2005 - 04:25 PM

It's 5, I moved back to NC THANK GOD!!! Nothing against VA, but DC sucks!
We go ride in Stuart fairly often. My freind has a cabin up there. Lots of trails and really cool people in the town. :)

Trader!!! LOL :D :)

• jlpskydive

Posted May 23, 2005 - 06:14 PM

Trader!!! LOL :D :)

Nope just back home!!!! :) :D

• stonewall

Posted May 23, 2005 - 06:33 PM

You can mark Stonewall off your list. I sold the BRP around the first of the year and went to the blue side. Oh yeah, what's all this talk about nowhere to ride in VA? I have put in over 400 miles from right out of my yard in the last week or so. :) The riding is awesome here. Here are just a few pics of some places I've been in the last 10 days. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• XR-Det

Posted May 24, 2005 - 03:41 AM

You can mark Stonewall off your list. I sold the BRP around the first of the year and went to the blue side. Oh yeah, what's all this talk about nowhere to ride in VA? I have put in over 400 miles from right out of my yard in the last week or so. :) The riding is awesome here. Here are just a few pics of some places I've been in the last 10 days. :)

Oh no, another one :D hahaha

Sweet pics, where is that?? I asume somewhere north/west in VA???

• qadsan

Posted May 24, 2005 - 06:34 AM

Hey Stonewall, where the female eye candy with the blue thumper? You always had eye candy with Honda, so how about some with the Yamaha :)

No worries about going blue. I too have big blue thumpers in our garage right next to our red ones :D

ugh! just broke my right wrist for the 4th time last night and it doesn't feel so good right now while typing :)

• XR-Det

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Hey Stonewall, where the female eye candy with the blue thumper? You always had eye candy with Honda, so how about some with the Yamaha :D

No worries about going blue. I too have big blue thumpers in our garage right next to our red ones :)

ugh! just broke my right wrist for the 4th time last night and it doesn't feel so good right now while typing :)

Qadsan, you shouldn't do that - I bet that hurts and gets old after 4 times :D ... and yes nothing better than having the choice.. hehehe I've got red, yellow and blue in the garage right now. Here are three of my 5 that are sitting here :worthy: . The XRL had to stay home again last sunday.

Posted Image

• XR-Det

Posted May 24, 2005 - 08:20 PM

I update that list again - counting everything we don't get any better! Only 5 left here in VA:

Virginia Beach
===============
XR650L - XR-Det
XL600R - Jmistichelli

Chesterfield
===============
XR650R (DS) - thumpasaurus
XR400R (DS) - thumpasaurus brother

Winchester
===============
XR600R - Steve

• stonewall

Posted May 25, 2005 - 04:47 AM

qadsan,
I don't have any eye candy pics yet with the Yami. I'm working on it though.
Sorry to hear about the wrist. I've been trying to heal up two dislocated shoulders and a cracked collarbone myself. Getting old is hell. :)
Here's a pic from the archives. :)

Posted Image

Sweet pics, where is that?? I asume somewhere north/west in VA???

I'm in the Allegheny Highlands near the border of WV. There are hundreds of miles of riding available right out of my yard. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.