may day! broke my Reb. front fork clicker!..?

4 replies to this topic
  • joecallan

Posted February 18, 2001 - 06:27 PM

I screwed in my rebound on the front fork a little too hard and heard a very loud click.
I didn't know the system was that weak... I do know it was a dumbass move. ):

Does anyone know about the internals of the front fork?

Am I damaging the fork by riding now?

It kind of halfass clicks now. I just set the screws to the same level on both sides hopeing it's working... but don't know?

thanks for your help once again! :)

• overthebars_again

Posted February 19, 2001 - 07:50 AM

I did the same thing man... I asked several shops if it could be fixed and was given the same answer from each. NO. I bought mine for about $87 through You'll have to call them as they don't list it on their web site.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hart

Posted February 19, 2001 - 08:02 AM

If you tighten the rebound does it still come to a gradual stop or a sudden stop. I suppose anyone in this forum would suggest pulling it apart and find out what happened. If the rebound adjustment tightened to a gradual stop, I would be tempted to leave it. Don't take just my word for it!! Anyone else??

• joecallan

Posted February 19, 2001 - 10:12 PM

no, it just spins but it does raise slightly when turned out. :)

• joecallan

Posted February 21, 2001 - 08:09 PM

how do you fix a broken rebound screw? once you have the part?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.