Springs for 05 WR450F

1 reply to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted May 16, 2005 - 02:01 PM

After additional research I found that the Yamaha web-bases parts catalog indicate my 05 WR450F has a 5.3 rear spring and a .428 front spring.

I thought I made a decision to go with a the following.

.49 Front spring
5.8 Rear spring

However, I cannot seem to find a .49 front spring from either Race-tech or Factory Connections. Race-tech seems to stop at a .48 front and Factory Connections goes from a .48 to a .50.

I am 230lbs and ride enduros at a novice level.

Race-Tech's website notes my stock 05 front spring is a .47. So here are the questions I have and I would really really appreciate your opinions on this.

1. Is a .48, at my novice riding level, going to make that much of a difference than my stock .47 front spring?
2. Should I just go to a .50 front spring because .49 is not available?
3. Should I keep the .47 spring I have and just get the rear 5.8 for now and see how I like the bike?

Thanks so much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:23 PM

MY first thought is option #3

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.