Fuel Screw

3 replies to this topic
  • das_sey

Posted May 16, 2005 - 07:39 AM

I have an 03 WR450. I bought the Jd jetting kits awhile back and it has worked flawlessly. Recently the on throttle bog has returned. I have added anything to the bike to affect this. I have tried making adjustments to the fuel screw with no results. My question: Is there something else that could cause this. On a similar note: I bought the Zipty fuel screw, but when I installed it, I found that is vibrates loose which is not a good thing, I have since put the original one back in, at least it stays in. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix this.

Thanks for you help,

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 16, 2005 - 02:05 PM

Return the Zip-TY for a new screw. Some batches the threads were cut to deep and they vibrate out. Bog has returned? Make sure you have a 48 pilot, #40 leak jet and JD red needle in clip 5 with a 165 main as a benchmark to evaluate your jetting needs. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 16, 2005 - 02:24 PM

Make sure your zip ty screw has the spring,washer and oring on it.. I've never heard of them coming loose.

• das_sey

Posted May 17, 2005 - 07:46 AM

I am not too worried about the Zipty issue as I have the original screw back in. My question is that after I got the JD kit and installed it, everything was great. Just recently the bogg has returned. Was not sure if carb needs a good cleaning or if something else could be the cause. Adjusting the fuel screw does not seem to be doing it. I agree I should return the Zipty as I have heard there was a batch that did this. Not good when your fuel screw is backing out as you are riding.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.