A question for Magura Hydro clutch users

No replies to this topic
  • fastenuf4u

Posted May 16, 2005 - 06:19 AM

My clutch went out on me this weekend while riding, it had been showing warning signs for a few weeks prior but I don't think I noticed them since I was just putting around in the backyard and what not. I installed a Magura Jack unit last March and hadn't ridden more than 2-3 times with it so I am not sure if I didn't adjust it right and it hasn't been disengaging fully or if my clutch was just at the end of it's life (lasted almost 3 years! :) ) My question is on mine, I can't pull the slave cylinder back away about 5-6mm like they mention in the directions. It is as far out as it can go, should I file down the metal piece that the slave cylinder rests against so it will have some free play? The clutch has worked perfectly since day one, which is why I wasn't worried about the lack of free play before. Thanks for any info anyone has on this.

Now I just have to figure out how to replace my clutch, first time ever.... :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.