Jetting Specs For Baja

6 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted May 15, 2005 - 12:49 PM

I'm goin' down to Baja for a four day ride and was hoping someone would have some advice on jetting. I'll basically be following the 500 course-Ensenada south than west to Mikes Skyranch than North to Tecate. I'm currently running a JD blue needle in the #4, 170mj, 48 pj, and 1 3/4 to 1 1/2 turns out on the fuel mixture screw. Any advice? :)

• clark4131

Posted May 15, 2005 - 04:47 PM

It's gonna be a bit warm, so you might want to bring the Red needle and a selection of jets with you...SC

• alyupe

Posted May 15, 2005 - 06:20 PM

I run the red needle #5 when its hot.....90+

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sprint450

Posted May 16, 2005 - 06:44 AM

Seabass, I did a four day Baja trip at the end of March pretty much along the same course your going to do. My jetting was right on the money with Red #4, 168/48 with 1 1/2 turns out. It was an awesome trip, we did 500 miles in the four days. My 05 WR has all the mods done with a Yosh pipe and that jetting is my 0-3000 set-up. You'll have a blast!

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 16, 2005 - 01:49 PM

JD Red needle in #4 clip and a 165 main should give you better fuel economy and performance over the blue needle for the Baja. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 16, 2005 - 02:20 PM

Man, you guys sure do split hairs when it comes to jetting... I say, if it runs fine in Cali it'll run fine in Mexico.. I've race down there, the bike can't tell the difference.. Sorry... :) Just run it.... I use the silver needle.. :D

• Seabass

Posted May 16, 2005 - 05:55 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll stick with what I got but I'll bring an extra needle and a couple of jets :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.