de-compress lever w/03YZ cam

2 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted May 15, 2005 - 06:15 AM

When I install the 03 YZ ex cam with auto decompress can the manual lever be left on in case i need to clear it out or does it need to go?

Sorry if this is a repeat question but couldn't find the thread and have CRS :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted May 15, 2005 - 08:50 AM

it need to go. to "clear it" with a decomp cam you just hit the kill go full throttle and roll the motor over a few time.

read your own sentence. you answered your own question there. if it is auto decompressing then why would you need to do it manually??????

• byggd

Posted May 15, 2005 - 09:00 AM

Works for me! Guess i better order the plug from TT when i order the cam. Just wish i know what shims to get before i start. From what I've seen you can rack up a few $ in just shims!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.