01 WR426 forks same as YZ426?

3 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted May 14, 2005 - 08:02 PM

Normally I get my forks done by suspension dude but the head rebuild has emptied the piggy bank so I'm doing it myself this time.
I have the 01 YZ426 workshop manual. Are the specs the same for the WR and YZ forks? What weight oil are you guys using? Roughly how much oil do I need per fork leg? The manual specifies height, not volume.
Thanks guys.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted May 15, 2005 - 12:14 AM

As far as I know, apart from the fork spring rate, YZ426 and WR426 forks are the same. I used 10w oil. I agree it is annoying how the manual specifies oil height, not cc's of oil, but if you just measure as directed in the manual, you should be right. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted May 15, 2005 - 12:34 AM

Chris, the reason I was asking is to determine how many 500ml bottles I need to buy to do the job.
thanks

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted May 16, 2005 - 05:16 AM

Chris, the reason I was asking is to determine how many 500ml bottles I need to buy to do the job.
thanks

If your forks are bone dry, you'll need 3 500ml bottles from memory. I seem to recall needing just a tad over a litre (100-200ml's) for mine. It's been a while since I did it, but i'm certain that's right. I really need a workshop diary.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.